4k streaming with E-Box
Hi friends,

I got this E-box s912 some days ago. I'll put here a link to this item on ebay, so you can see the specs: link removed

I am trying this item while having noticed that there are neither recensions nor feedbacks available on this. Nevertheless, I try to stream some 4k vids (got a 4k TV). The maximum available for youtube for example within YT-app is 1080p, in Youtube as Kodi-Addon 720p.

what do you thing, is this box able to stream 4k overall? Are there maybe some other 4k streams, with which I could test it further? Or could the 4k be fake for this box?
I am really wondering that obviously noone tested this box before.

Thank you in advance!
The box is a "fully loaded" box containing banned addons (wiki) so that link is not allowed here as it violates our forum rules (wiki) on piracy. We also offer no support for such boxes.

If this is actually what you bought and it does contain such piracy junk, I'd suggest you complain to eBay and return it for a refund.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you for quick reply. The box is officially "Fully Loaded", by updating from kodi 16.x to the current version, the piracy add-ons seemed to have disappeared anyway.

My question was not concerning piracy junk, but possible official sources to test if this box is able to stream 4k. Will an answer to this question be possible in this forum?
see http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples#4K_.28UltraHD.29
Big buck bunny is the classic test - https://peach.blender.org

If you've cleaned all the junk it then yes it's ok, but it's not usually so easy.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
well, uninstalling the preinstalled version and installing the current kodi version from kodi.tv caused that piracy addons are not available anymore...

It seems anyway that this box is buggy and will be returned.

For this reason:
-Which boxes are "supported" here, what could be considered for the next buy?
- Is there a possibility to get (legal) 4k-streams? Actually my intention of getting such a box was not to search a path to piracy media, but to find official 4k-stuff for my 4k TV..
-Since piracy add-ons are not welcome in this forum (whereby possibly most users still use them), which are the special advantages of kodi this forum is talking about? Wink
For hardware advice, look in the hardware section.

4k streams - we don't provide media, so it's beyond the remit of this forum and team Kodi. It would also depend on what to want and where you are.

And why? Kodi is a media player, and a good one with metadata support etc. What you use it for is up to you, as it's what we support and what we don't. But it's designed and produced for playing locally stored and legally owned media.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4k streaming with E-Box0