Suggestions
I just installed Kodi and would like some suggestions for add-ons. All I want it for is to watch movies, old and new. Which is a good one for a variety of movies?
YouTube

Honestly, buy dvd/bluray, transfer to hard drive, done.

New movies are universally subject to copyright restrictions which means online sources and their kodi addons are illegal.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-09, 21:40)[email protected] Wrote: I just installed Kodi and would like some suggestions for add-ons. All I want it for is to watch movies, old and new. Which is a good one for a variety of movies?

I use Crackler, SnagFilms, Top Documentary Films, PopcornFlix.

There is also an addon called Classic Cinema Online, I think it is- but they don't have a whole lot and quality tends to be low.

Some people swear by the Internet Archive (video) addon, but I could only rarely get it to work, and when it did- it was godawful slow.

The first 4 are hit and miss. You'll find some newer films, some older films, a lot of B movies and stuff you never heard of. But you'll find some decent stuff there too. I happen to really like Crackler because they also have a lot of oddball tv shows, some of which are pretty good, including original Crackle content.

There used to be a TCM (Turner Classic Movies) addon, but alas, that one is long gone. That one was great...

This will give you a good start. :-)
(2017-06-09, 21:40)[email protected] Wrote: I just installed Kodi and would like some suggestions for add-ons. All I want it for is to watch movies, old and new. Which is a good one for a variety of movies?

You might give my BigStar Movies add-on a try.

(2017-06-09, 22:44)mrsfixit Wrote: Some people swear by the Internet Archive (video) addon, but I could only rarely get it to work, and when it did- it was godawful slow.

Yes, it is painfully slow. Sorry 'bout that.

You might be pleased to know that I'll be releasing an update shortly that is quite a bit faster. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2017-06-09, 23:37)MetalChris Wrote:

(2017-06-09, 22:44)mrsfixit Wrote: Some people swear by the Internet Archive (video) addon, but I could only rarely get it to work, and when it did- it was godawful slow.

You might be pleased to know that I'll be releasing an update shortly that is quite a bit faster. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not at all familiar with Big Star Movies. Does it work with both Jarvis and Krypton? I will certainly give it a try if I can find it, that is... lol

And I will certainly be delighted to try an updated version of Internet Archive and give you my feedback, for whatever it is worth. :-)

Wonderful news, and a new addon to try. I love it. Thanks! :-)
(2017-06-10, 06:35)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2017-06-09, 23:37)MetalChris Wrote:

I'm not at all familiar with Big Star Movies. Does it work with both Jarvis and Krypton? I will certainly give it a try if I can find it, that is... lol

You can find all my add-ons through the link in my signature. You can also download and install my repo from my signature.

(2017-06-10, 06:35)mrsfixit Wrote: And I will certainly be delighted to try an updated version of Internet Archive and give you my feedback, for whatever it is worth. :-)

The updated versions should be out later today. Just need to do a little more cross platform testing.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2017-06-10, 15:27)MetalChris Wrote:
(2017-06-10, 06:35)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2017-06-09, 23:37)MetalChris Wrote: You might give my BigStar Movies add-on a try.

You can find all my add-ons through the link in my signature. You can also download and install my repo from my signature.

(2017-06-10, 06:35)mrsfixit Wrote: And I will certainly be delighted to try an updated version of Internet Archive and give you my feedback, for whatever it is worth. :-)

The updated versions should be out later today. Just need to do a little more cross platform testing.

Thank you! :-)

It will have to wait until after the weekend though, I'm expecting a houseful of company.

Enjoy your weekend! :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestions0