Kodi on Fire TV constantly losing SMB access
I had everything set up and it was fine. I have folders on the computer downstairs that serves as a media center and data backup for my home network. It's running Window 7 and I shared and set permissions and security for the folders I want to see to Everyone and Anonymous Login with full permissions to damned everything.

Two days ago, Kodi on my fire TV was able to see my shares. In fact, it was able to see my workgroup and browse around other shares I had as well. Today, nothing but errors. I click a share and it immediately says "Connection timed out".If I browse for an SMB connection, It cranks for a while then shows double dots to go back a level and nothing else.

The computer downstairs is on and nothing has changed about the access. What kind of voodoo is this? What magic trick will make my Kodi stay connected to my network media?
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-09, 22:39)nickr Wrote: Debug log (wiki)

Ok. What's the method for pulling the log from Amazon Fire TV stick?
Same way as you transfer any file on or off your android device I guess, a file manager, or ADB I guess.

Or the Kodi log uploader addon.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Fire TV constantly losing SMB access0