Simple filtering
Say we have some movies displayed in MyVideoNav. If we want to filter by genre, we have to open screen menu, then select genre filter, dialog opens, then select genre, then accept.

I just want to have a button on MyVideoNav (that shows a custom Library Node), that clicked will show only Horror movies. How to do that? (Not my ultimate goal, but solves the problem).

I have two bad ideas for that: reopen MyVideoNav sourced from my addon and, even worse, automatically manipulate all these windows/controls hiding them in process.

How to do that in a more civilised way?
Will keep a eye on this thread ..
I have been askeing basically the same question and have yet to get a simple solution. At least u have a way of doing it in a add-on I haven't even thought to try figure out how to do that.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
I'm wondering if a number of different smart playlists might be the answer (each for different genre). It's a little clunky and static rather than dynamic, but at least for some standard genres it might achieve what you want?

e.g. for horror make a textfile genre-horror.xsp with
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Horror Movies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">
        <value>Horror</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

You can put the smart playlists in a folder in your skin under extras/playlists/
Then use special://skin/extras/playlists/genre-horror.xsp to reference them

e.g.
Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,special://skin/extras/playlists/genre-horror.xsp,return)
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
8 collections (I use my library nodes only, never all movies) x 6 values of the first criterion x 6 values of the second criterion x 3 values of the third criterion = 846 static files just for movies.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I'll be extracting straight from database using filter values as SQL parameters and build by own dynamic list on the fly.

Thanks for saving my time on failed experimentation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple filtering0