Req Add minimal, full, or Close buttons at top & taskbar
Simple request. Since Kodi starts up in Full Screen, there is no way to reduce to taskbar or close Kodi by clicking on the "X" box. Often I need to leave Kodi to check something on the desktop or program I need to run or stop. Each time I have to physically close Kodi the usual way by clicking on the Power Symbol on the left side of the Start menu. Then after finishing with the desktop program, I have to restart Kodi and restart the show I was watching.

For instance, I get notified when I get email. I have to shut down Kodi to read the email and then restart it again. Or I would like to start a program on the bottom taskbar to check something out that can help Kodi run better or just to check on windows settings or some other program on the taskbar. When Kodi is in full screen, there is no taskbar or "-" or "x" to click on temporarily without shutting down Kodi completely.

Also can you add a quick shutdown menu after clicking on the Power symbol? Its nice to have so many choices, but, so far, 100% of the time I hit the "exit" button. Is it possible, like windows menu, just to show the button you prefer when shutting down Kodi?

I believe in Kodi settings there is a Windows view but according to the information, if it is used, the video or replay may not be as smooth as when in Kodi full screen. Hence the reason for the above suggestions.
If you use " \ " on your keyboard, it should reduced the size of the kodi window without closing it

Then you will be able to open your mail or other app

Then hit " \ " again to go back to fullscreen kodi
Moanbag is in da place!
LOL, Never thought of trying that. Thanks. It would make it less annoying instead of shutting down Kodi.
There's also alt-tab...
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
or Alt-Return (which works in many Windows apps and games)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add minimal, full, or Close buttons at top & taskbar0