Krypton and MySQL almost Stopped
I have been running Kodi with MySql for years now without issue, IMHO one of the best benefits of Kodi.

Anyway, I have attempted on a number of occasions to upgrade to Krypton, stating with the initial release and even 17.3

The same result every time, Kodi happily upgrades the database (it takes a while I have a large Movie, TV and Music collection) but finally finishes.

Anything I then do from any menu just then takes forever or just gives up (maybe I do after 5~10 mins of waiting).

I have tried using Windows and Mac versions of Kodi, mixed with Windows MySql or MySql on a QNap, but no difference.

Looking at MySql using the workbench, I can see various queries running and they seem to be taking a long time.

To try and help this I doubled the CPU and Memory on the MySql server, still no better.

So I am now thinking something core has changed within the way Kodi interacts with MySql.

Anyone have any ideas on this or where I should go look as I am now stuck using Kodi v16

Thanks
A debug log may reveal something. See my signature for link.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton and MySQL almost Stopped0