v17 Tags and date info not visable in images
I use picture slideshow screensaver addon as screensaver and have my image collection folder set for this to show up as screensaver. What I love about this screensaver is it shows the tags given to the image and the date it was taken.

When I watch my image collection in Kodi it shows the images without this info. Is there a way to get this info visable when watching images in Kodi? Now I just see the image without any info.

Thanks.
There is a seperate thread for the picture slideshow screensaver addon.
In case of problems, always attach a full kodi.log file.

See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=154032
(2017-06-16, 09:17)Klojum Wrote: There is a seperate thread for the picture slideshow screensaver addon.
In case of problems, always attach a full kodi.log file.

See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=154032
This problem is not with the Picture Slideshow addon but with Kodi itself.

The Picture Slideshow addon does show me what I want but watching pictures in Kodi doesn't.
Should it let me see that info or is that not implanted yet?
Any idea how to get the tag info visible in standard picture viewing in Kodi?
I don't use the pictures section a lot, so I am unable to give a definite answer.

A quick look in the wiki shows me this... http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Pictures#File_lists

Do you have that set correctly
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Any idea how to get the tag info visible in standard picture viewing in Kodi?

I know that I can get the info from the picture in a pop-up when pressing i but I like to see date and tag info in the played picture always.

The picture slideshow addon shows it like this.

If Kodi can do this too that would be nice.

Thanks.
Was my previous post of no help?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-07-04, 10:36)Karellen Wrote: Was my previous post of no help?

That is helpfull but I already knew that.

The line show exif picture information is only available by pressing i to get it in a pop-up.

That's not what I want.

The only addon that does that provide that info in the picture is the picture slideshow screensaver but that is a screensaver and usable as standard picture viewer.
The addon My pictures database has a lot of options but also doesn't do that.
(2017-07-04, 10:05)heula Wrote: Any idea how to get the tag info visible in standard picture viewing in Kodi?

I am also missing the possibility to show user defined 'KEYWORDs' from picture IPTC data field.
Any chance Kodi 18 will let me see the info I wish for?
Just wondering if there was ever a resolution to this issue, which I also have.  Still using K17-6, the issue for me, is not with the Slide-Show, but the label/plot field being displayed simultaneously with the image when using the "Thumbnail" view or Pix Thumbnail.  I'm using the Xonfluence Skin. Yes, all of the EXIF GUI settings are set as directed in part of the thread above.  Yes, if I press I on the hovered over thumbnail, I can see the information.  But simultaneous display would be phenomenal.  Please Mr. Wizard, Hep!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tags and date info not visable in images0