Kodi Randomly Crashes - End of Show
Hi,

OSX Version:10.12.5
Platform: Mac Mini
Install Method: DMG
Version of Kodi: Latest Official Release 17.3

This started happening when I went to Krypton. Used to happen all the time. I would get to an end of the show and hit stop, or be half way through a show and hit stop and Kodi would crash. Hasn't happened for a while and then happened about a week ago. Then didn't happen for a while and just happened so thought I would see if anyone has any ideas.

Managed to turn on debugging and replicate the issue when it happened. Codec issue maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks

Debug Log
I thought it was me. This is happening with me too. End of the show, episodes stops, Kodi just stops (full chrash) instanly. It kind of random but it happens quite often.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
I need the crash report matching the posted debug log
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
This should be it.

Crash Report

I just made it happen again as well so if you need anything else let me know.
just happened again.

crash log and the kodi log
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Waltman yours is different - forwarded to our videoplayer dev.

Grayman can you please post debug log and crash report from the same session?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Can do. I thought it was the same?

All good I got it again last night so when I get home from work I'll post those logs. My issue is the exact same as Walts so be interested to see if mine is different.

I also have 4 mates Kodi I manage in Perth. All same issues as well. Thanks for the help Smile
Debug Crash Report

How does that look?
Now its the same like waltman. The video player dev is not willing to figure out a backport to krypton as he is pushing kodi 18 forward. But he has rewritten the code for 18 already and thinks the issue is already fixed in nightly builds.
No dramas at all. Thanks for the update
Good to know,Thanks for the update Memphiz
If you want to be sure that this is fixed in leia - you could give it a shot in nightly builds for verification Wink
Hey,

This got a lot worse started happening all the time. Upgraded to Alpha - Leia tonight and it’s still happening. If not more Sad
Please post a new Crash Report from the Leia version.
Mate said he was having the same issues on Alpha with windows and went to nightly and it sorted itself out. I went to nightly and haven’t had the issue happen yet. Hopefully it’s all good for the final release of 18 Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Randomly Crashes - End of Show0