No file name or meta-data
Hi Guys, Have not been able to find a definitive answer on here and really hoping someone could help.

I recently had a hard drive crash, but managed to recover all my movies circa 4tb of them.
The issue is that the files all work with sound but do not have file names only named "video at sector 12312346.mkv", there is also no metadata.

Can someone suggest a program that actually scrapes the files data and can match it to a movie database and rename and add the metadata back in.

If not i have a very long road ahead to get my movie setup all working again and manually renaming everything.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestions or can point me in the right direction.
Speak to your file recovery software authors.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have and they have no suggestions and cannot retrieve the name or info of the file, only the actual file self.... Any other thoughts?
Please understand that this is not a Kodi issue and is outside the scope of this forum. Of course your thread will stay open, maybe moved to off-topic, and other members may be able to assist you.

Quote:Can someone suggest a program that actually scrapes the files data and can match it to a movie database and rename and add the metadata back in.
I don't understand this statement.

What do you mean the "files data". You have subsequently said you can retrieve the file. If you retrieve the file, isn't that all in there. Whatever "file data" is?

"Match to a movie database, and rename, and add metadata back in"... These are some pretty big asks. Which databasea? Kodi database or TMDB database? Add the metadata back in where?

Yes, I think you have a very long road ahead of you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No file name or meta-data0