Linux No audio in Kodi 17
Hi all,

recently upgraded my distro from 14.04 to 16.04 and at the same time went from kodibuntu 16.2 to xubuntu 17, and have no sound now despite messing with all menu options I could.

I have a HP Microserver with a graphics card with HDMI out, so the audio will go over the HDMI to my TV, however it's just not doing.

I've uploaded my log file here : https://pastebin.com/7YnTAGgD in case anyone could kindly help out? Smile
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
Quote:14:31:31.530 T:140071539116416 NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = nouveau
14:31:31.530 T:140071539116416 NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = Gallium 0.4 on NVA8
14:31:31.530 T:140071539116416 NOTICE: GL_VERSION = 3.0 Mesa 12.0.6

We don't run on Nouveau - please install the nvidia blobs.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
thanks for the prompt reply, can I assume blob = driver?
Yeah - the binary drivers.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-06-11, 18:51)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - the binary drivers.

Did a "sudo apt-get install nvidia-340" which matches my version of the nvidia drivers, rebooted and played a video and still didn't get audio despite playing around with the settings again. Any ideas please?

Latest log doesn't contain the word "nouveau"
perhaps it's muted - from the log everything is perfectly fine.
Thanks for looking, it's not muted, and I'm totally baffled. Could be Xubuntu (I chose the minimal install of Ubuntu) or Kodi 17.3 as i've changed both at the same time (I suspect the former.)
Try with plain alsa. The pulse wiki entry tells you how to do that.
(2017-06-13, 06:22)fritsch Wrote: Try with plain alsa. The pulse wiki entry tells you how to do that.

Ran with "pasuspender -- env AE_SINK=ALSA kodi" still no sound Undecided
try with speaker-test -D plughw:0,X

X for your output and check if you get sound. If not - nothing we can do for you.
update to this - if I reseat the HDMI cable, I get sound. This now happens daily.

Any idea why this could be happening? i'm 99% sure it's not a bad physical connection

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio in Kodi 170