Scheduling Dish On Demand
Complete newbie here, I haven't even downloaded the software. I'm trying to find out if what I want to do is even possible. Sorry if this the wrong place for the post.
I have Dish for my programing and for my internet service. I have metered internet with 10 GB allowance per month during the day and 50 GB per month between the hours of 2 am and 8 am. I don't dare use my On Demand service during the day (it is enough of a challenge to keep my computers from eating up my daytime allowance) and there is no option to delay the download until 2 am. The closest work around I've found is to start a On Demand program early in the morning and then pause it but this really isn't practical for normal usage. Is it possible to use Kodi (and the appropriate ad on) to schedule Dish On Demand downloads for between the hours of 2 am and 8 am? I'm not trying to pirate anything here, just make use of what I'm already paying for.
Thanks
You may want to look into setting up a pihole server on the network to help with bandwidth consumption. Kodi doesn't provide content. Maybe look into a local Over The Air feed
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I'm not aware of a Kodi add-on for the Dish network, so we probably can't help you on that end. But as bry mentioned, if you have OTA available in your area and would like to watch and record channels from there, we can help with that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scheduling Dish On Demand0