Change wifi settings via terminal
Raspi b+
OpenElec + Kodi 15.2 (auto boots into kodi)

Im giving my old raspi to a friend and I'm fairly sure they dont have wireless keyboard to use.

I've been looking for a while on how you could putty into the raspi and change the wifi settings there?
I got as far using connmanctl, but it seems to suggest you put the password in on boot - which wont work here as the os auto boots into Kodi 15.2. I have looked into how to disable this but because I can't remember the exact setup I have here (did the install year+ ago) im not sure which tutorial to follow.

If there is any way around this, then I will lend then my usb keyboard to set it up, however I am hoping this is doable via terminal.

Any information would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
I'm really confused right now. Kodi is an app that runs on top of Libre/OpenElec. Libre/Open are just variants of a Linux kernel. Kodi should have no impact on your ability to SSH into OpenElec and modify the system settings via CLI.

What specifically are you attempting to do?

Sent from my LG-H872
Do they have a usb mouse? Does anyone not have a usb mouse kicking about somewhere (except probably my mum)?
(2017-06-11, 18:37)zell2002 Wrote: Raspi b+
OpenElec + Kodi 15.2 (auto boots into kodi)

Im giving my old raspi to a friend and I'm fairly sure they dont have wireless keyboard to use.

I've been looking for a while on how you could putty into the raspi and change the wifi settings there?
I got as far using connmanctl, but it seems to suggest you put the password in on boot - which wont work here as the os auto boots into Kodi 15.2. I have looked into how to disable this but because I can't remember the exact setup I have here (did the install year+ ago) im not sure which tutorial to follow.

If there is any way around this, then I will lend then my usb keyboard to set it up, however I am hoping this is doable via terminal.

Any information would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Isn't using the CLI the hard way to change the wifi settings? With a usb keyboard, you can easily set the properties. If the TV supports CEC, you can use the TV remote to navigate the menu structure and then use the keyboard to enter the wifi passcode.

Sent from my GT-P3113
(2017-06-11, 18:50)TheCrowFather Wrote: I'm really confused right now. Kodi is an app that runs on top of Libre/OpenElec. Libre/Open are just variants of a Linux kernel. Kodi should have no impact on your ability to SSH into OpenElec and modify the system settings via CLI.

What specifically are you attempting to do?

Sent from my LG-H872 (typie typie)

Hey, it's not stopping me from SSH-ing in. The problem is that via terminal/putty I can set the wifi name but I can only set password on system reboot, which I wont be able to have cos obviously when it reboots, my ssh session gets kicked.

@everyone
It seems I'm gna have to find them a spare usb keyboard.
I'm surprised that via command line I can't just enter a wifi name and password at the same time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change wifi settings via terminal0