v17 Movie Scraper suddenly stopped working
Video 
Hey there,

I'm using Kodi 17.3 with the latest LibreELEC release (RPi2.arm-8.0.2) on a Raspberry Pi 3. Everything worked fine for the last few months, but all of a sudden I'm not able to scrape newly added movies. Here's an excerpt of my log file:

https://pastebin.com/Yq9Db13q

I have no idea what's wrong... I used the correct filename every time, and it occured for the last 10~ movies I added. Important: For TV shows, everything works absolutely fine.

If you need more information, feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance for your support!
Hello leland86,

You are a bit late to the party. This is old news and was resolved a few days ago. If you are still having a problem, it is most likely because your Kodi hasn't been able to connect to the internet.

You need to check two things...

1. Make sure the scraper for TMDB has updated to v3.9.4. If not, select Update, and
2. Ensure you have the latest update for The Movie Database Scraper Library. To check go to Settings>System Settings>Add-ons>Manage Dependencies. Look for "The Movie Database Scraper Library" in the list. Make sure you are using v2.15.0. If it is something else, click on the item and select Update

That should resolve it.

---Edit---
Corrected name
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-06-12, 10:35)Karellen Wrote: If you are still having a problem, it is most likely because your Kodi hasn't been able to connect to the internet.

1. Make sure the scraper for TMDB has updated to v3.9.4. If not, select Update, and
2. Ensure you have the latest update for TMDB API. To check go to Settings>System Settings>Add-ons>Manage Dependencies. Look for "The Movie Database Scraper Library" in the list. Make sure you are using v2.15.0. If it is something else, click on the item and select Update

Hello Karellen,

thanks a lot for your help!

I'm pretty sure I've already updated to 3.9.4. and as I mentioned before, everything works fine for TV shows (I know, different scraper, but the internet connection doesn't seem to be the problem, does it?!). However, I'm going to check if I have the latest update for the TMDB API as you suggested.

I will report if this solved the problem when I'm at home.
So what about your log file above reporting tmdb scraper v3.9.3?
(2017-06-12, 11:34)olympia Wrote: So what about your log file above reporting tmdb scraper v3.9.3?
Whoops... my bad. I was sure that I checked for an update last night. Thanks for the hint!

Edit: From another thread: "Choosing Upgrade on the addon's page didn't update the 3.9.3. But choosing Upgrade in the context menu from the addons list where MovieDB was showing, did the trick." - I guess that's the reason I thought that i'd already updated to 3.9.4. - maybe this information will be helpful for other members as well.
(2017-06-12, 10:35)Karellen Wrote: Hello leland86,

You are a bit late to the party. This is old news and was resolved a few days ago. If you are still having a problem, it is most likely because your Kodi hasn't been able to connect to the internet.

2. Ensure you have the latest update for The Movie Database Scraper Library. To check go to Settings>System Settings>Add-ons>Manage Dependencies. Look for "The Movie Database Scraper Library" in the list. Make sure you are using v2.15.0. If it is something else, click on the item and select Update

That should resolve it.

Hi Karellen,

v3.9.3. and v.2.14.0. are the latest releases I can get from the Kodi Add-on repository. What's the reason behind this? And how can I avoid things like that in the future? (By the way: Auto Update is enabled, never had any problems with updates in the past).

Thanks again for your help!

Edit: Manually installed 3.9.4. & 2.15.0. via ZIP. Seems to work now. Thanks for the support! I really appreciate it Smile
What happened to my messages here in this thread about this subject?
@Karellen, we exchanged here some messages. Do you know what happened?

Sorry for the off topic...
Hi Vimaro,

I split your posts into your own thread. It is here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316495

If you are unable to locate your posts, just click on your username over in the left "Vimaro". That will bring up your control panel. There is an option there to "Find All Posts". That is the best way to find your posts.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-06-12, 18:20)Leland86 Wrote:
(2017-06-12, 10:35)Karellen Wrote: Hello leland86,

That should resolve it.

Hi Karellen,

v3.9.3. and v.2.14.0. are the latest releases I can get from the Kodi Add-on repository. What's the reason behind this? And how can I avoid things like that in the future? (By the way: Auto Update is enabled, never had any problems with updates in the past).

Thanks again for your help!

Edit: Manually installed 3.9.4. & 2.15.0. via ZIP. Seems to work now. Thanks for the support! I really appreciate it Smile
I have the same problem. I already have V3.9.4 forum TMDB but i can't find the The Movie Database Scraper Library (V2.15.0) in the add-on list. Can you tell me where i can download the zip files?
Hello Binnetie,

The Movie Database Scraper Library cannot be downloaded and installed via zip file.

It is not in the add-on list. You have to check for it in Settings here...

Settings>System Settings>Add-ons>Manage Dependencies.

Look for "The Movie Database Scraper Library" in the list. Make sure you are using v2.15.0.

If it is not v2.15.0, then click on the item and then select Update.
My Signature
Okay, thanks i wil try it when i'm home.
Had this problem myself in the latest version on libreelec.

The fixed updates ; version 3.9.4. of the scraper for TMDB & version 2.15.0 of The Movie Database Scraper Library where not listed as available - only the previous versions that no longer work that SHOULD have auto updated.

I had to go to Add-ons - Install from repository - Kodi add on repository - information providers - movie information - *then* press left on the remote to bring up the options panel and check for updates to get it to find the new scarper which works.
(2017-06-20, 12:09)Karellen Wrote: Hello Binnetie,

The Movie Database Scraper Library cannot be downloaded and installed via zip file.

It is not in the add-on list. You have to check for it in Settings here...

Settings>System Settings>Add-ons>Manage Dependencies.

Look for "The Movie Database Scraper Library" in the list. Make sure you are using v2.15.0.

If it is not v2.15.0, then click on the item and then select Update.
I followed your instructions, but i doesn't work. I see a older version (and autoupdate wasn't activated), i choose update and a screen shows version V2.15.0. I installed it. There came a message very quick that the addon successfully was installed. But still no updated movie wall. I rebooted, going to Settings>System Settings>Add-ons>Manage Dependencies and see the previous version again. I select auto update, reboot, but still nothing. I shows the older version.
(2017-06-21, 16:44)vila Wrote: Had this problem myself in the latest version on libreelec.

The fixed updates ; version 3.9.4. of the scraper for TMDB & version 2.15.0 of The Movie Database Scraper Library where not listed as available - only the previous versions that no longer work that SHOULD have auto updated.

I had to go to Add-ons - Install from repository - Kodi add on repository - information providers - movie information - *then* press left on the remote to bring up the options panel and check for updates to get it to find the new scarper which works.
I tried this option too, but i still have version 3.9.4, when i selected 'update' it shows version 3.9.4 and it installs successfully. But no automatic moviewall update.
Binnetei,

I think you have got yourself confused.

The current versions that you need are...

TMDB Scraper -v3.9.4
TMDB Library Scraper - v2.15

According to your posts you already have the latest versions intalled.

What is this movie wall you keep mentioning. What is the problem with it?
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Scraper suddenly stopped working1