• 21(current)
Release Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
I get the following error when I try to open the 'Light IMDB Ratings Update' context menu on an episode that was scraped by themoviedb:

Code:
01:31:34.465 T:545627459808   DEBUG: [Light IMDb Ratings Update] - JSON Query: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"VideoLibrary.GetEpisodeDetails","params":{"episodeid":8867,"properties":["uniqueid","rating","votes","episode","season","showtitle"]},"id":1}
01:31:34.529 T:545627459808   DEBUG: [Light IMDb Ratings Update] - JSON Response: {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"episodedetails":{"episode":1,"episodeid":8867,"label":"Arktis - Der Pol des Lebens","rating":0.0,"season":1,"showtitle":"Die größten Naturereignisse","uniqueid":{"unknown":"702597"},"votes":"0"}}}
01:31:34.531 T:545627459808   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                           Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                           Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 6-7: ordinal not in range(128)
                                           Traceback (most recent call last):
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/context.py", line 16, in <module>
                                               UpdateContext()
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/context.py", line 13, in UpdateContext
                                               update_context.open_context_menu( sys.listitem.getfilename(), sys.listitem.getLabel() )
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/core/update_context.py", line 59, in open_context_menu
                                               Title = str( item.get('showtitle') ) + " " + str( item.get('season') ) + "x" + str( "%02d" % item.get('episode') )
                                           UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 6-7: ordinal not in range(128)
                                           -->End of Python script error report<--
(2017-11-07, 21:17)Glottis Wrote: I get the following error when I try to open the 'Light IMDB Ratings Update' context menu on an episode that was scraped by themoviedb:

Code:
01:31:34.465 T:545627459808   DEBUG: [Light IMDb Ratings Update] - JSON Query: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"VideoLibrary.GetEpisodeDetails","params":{"episodeid":8867,"properties":["uniqueid","rating","votes","episode","season","showtitle"]},"id":1}
01:31:34.529 T:545627459808   DEBUG: [Light IMDb Ratings Update] - JSON Response: {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"episodedetails":{"episode":1,"episodeid":8867,"label":"Arktis - Der Pol des Lebens","rating":0.0,"season":1,"showtitle":"Die größten Naturereignisse","uniqueid":{"unknown":"702597"},"votes":"0"}}}
01:31:34.531 T:545627459808   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                           Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 6-7: ordinal not in range(128)
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/context.py", line 16, in <module>
                                               UpdateContext()
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/context.py", line 13, in UpdateContext
                                               update_context.open_context_menu( sys.listitem.getfilename(), sys.listitem.getLabel() )
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/core/update_context.py", line 59, in open_context_menu
                                               Title = str( item.get('showtitle') ) + " " + str( item.get('season') ) + "x" + str( "%02d" % item.get('episode') )
                                           UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 6-7: ordinal not in range(128)

Thanks for reporting Glottis! I think is something related to a special character used in the title of the episode...I'm going to take a look later...now I'm writing from my mobile phone and is difficult to read.

Anyway I'm happy that someone is using the new features! Wink

Alex
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2017-11-07, 22:03)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-11-07, 21:17)Glottis Wrote: I get the following error when I try to open the 'Light IMDB Ratings Update' context menu on an episode that was scraped by themoviedb:

Code:
                                               UpdateContext()

Thanks for reporting Glottis! I think is something related to a special character used in the title of the episode...I'm going to take a look later...now I'm writing from my mobile phone and is difficult to read.

Alex

I didn't even think of that. You're probably right since there's the umlaut ö and special character ß in the showtitle.

Greetings from Germany Big Grin
(2017-11-08, 00:43)Glottis Wrote:
(2017-11-07, 22:03)axlt2002 Wrote:

Code:
                                               UpdateContext()

Alex

I didn't even think of that. You're probably right since there's the umlaut ö and special character ß in the showtitle.

Greetings from Germany Big Grin

Lol! Yes, quite a huge number of special characters there! Oo 

Just a curiosity: did you edit the title of the TV Show manually inside Kodi or it was scraped? In this last case, which scraper did you use?

I'm sending you a test version in few minutes...hope you can test it right now...
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
(2017-11-08, 00:56)axlt2002 Wrote: Lol! Yes, quite a huge number of special characters there! Oo 

Just a curiosity: did you edit the title of the TV Show manually inside Kodi or it was scraped? In this last case, which scraper did you use?

It was scraped by the themoviedb.org metadata add-on. (If I'm not mistaken this comes with every kodi installation.)

EDIT: version 3.3.1 fixes the aforementioned error. Thanks.
(2017-11-08, 12:45)Glottis Wrote:
(2017-11-08, 00:56)axlt2002 Wrote: Lol! Yes, quite a huge number of special characters there! Oo 

It was scraped by the themoviedb.org metadata add-on. (If I'm not mistaken this comes with every kodi installation.)

EDIT: version 3.3.1 fixes the aforementioned error. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback Glottis. I will release the new version as soon as possible. Now time for lunch and afternoon busy at work... Wink
Hi guys,

New version 3.3.1 has just been released. The changelog is quite straight forward:

v3.3.1 (2017-11-08)
  • Fixed error for TV Show titles having special characters (context menu)

Have a good continuation of the day.

axlt2002 and dziobak
Hi guys,

New release 3.3.2! Changelog as follow:

v3.3.2 (2017-11-10)
  • Fixed context menu for Episodes selected from All Seasons

Thanks Glottis for highlighting it!

Wish you all a great weekend!

axlt2002 and dziobak
Ciao axlt2002, ti ringrazio molto per il tuo gran lavoro! Stavo cercando un addons come il tuo che mi permettesse di tener aggiornate le mie librerie per quanto riguarda le valutazioni imdb (per me molto importante poiché li ordino in base a quelle valutazioni), ma non sono riesco a trovar nulla finora.
Ho provato a scaricare e l'ho installato cin successo. Però, purtroppo non mi fa eseguire l'addon. Uso modi 17.5 sullo zidoo x9s, forse è per quello. Funziona solo su windows per ora, giusto?

EDIT: Andando sui singoli film, e andando sull'opzione "gestione", riesco a vedere l'addon e se ci clicko sopra funziona alla grande! Il problema è che dovrei farlo manualmente per ogni singolo media che ho nella libreria, e avendone a migliaia risulterebbe un'impresa titanica. Dove sbaglio?

Grazie ancora ^^
(2017-11-11, 13:36)Hakihiko Wrote: Ciao axlt2002, ti ringrazio molto per il tuo gran lavoro! Stavo cercando un addons come il tuo che mi permettesse di tener aggiornate le mie librerie per quanto riguarda le valutazioni imdb (per me molto importante poiché li ordino in base a quelle valutazioni), ma non sono riesco a trovar nulla finora.
Ho provato a scaricare e l'ho installato cin successo. Però, purtroppo non mi fa eseguire l'addon. Uso modi 17.5 sullo zidoo x9s, forse è per quello. Funziona solo su windows per ora, giusto?

EDIT: Andando sui singoli film, e andando sull'opzione "gestione", riesco a vedere l'addon e se ci clicko sopra funziona alla grande! Il problema è che dovrei farlo manualmente per ogni singolo media che ho nella libreria, e avendone a migliaia risulterebbe un'impresa titanica. Dove sbaglio?

Grazie ancora ^^

Ciao Hakihiko,

Ti scrivo in privato per capire meglio il problema...qui sul forum, essendo internazionale, bisogna scrivere in inglese.

A più tardi!

----------------------

Ciao Hakihiko,

I'm going to write you privatly in order to understand better the issue...here on the forum, being international, you should write in english.

See to you later!
Yeah, sorry for italian's post. I don't know why, but I'm not able to reply to PM. Can we speak on another platform?
Since this add-on does work very well and you don't want to make it overly complex, is there a chance that you'll work on a separate add-on which tries to add missing Imdb IDs to scraped items? I've got so many episodes without an Imdb ID and they're locked at thetvdb.com. Adding them manually via context menu would be a huge task :/
(2017-11-29, 12:00)Glottis Wrote: Since this add-on does work very well and you don't want to make it overly complex, is there a chance that you'll work on a separate add-on which tries to add missing Imdb IDs to scraped items? I've got so many episodes without an Imdb ID and they're locked at thetvdb.com. Adding them manually via context menu would be a huge task :/
Hi Glottis,

I've evaluated in the past this possibility but the point raised was that it would be quite complicated to manage different languages search in case the Movie/TV Show/Episode has not the original title. In such cases you should then add the original title and then search for the ID. In general, I can not just imagine all the possible issues that this feature may rise...special characters, typo errors, etc....so why not adding directly the ID? Wink I don't think that you could be interested in ALL the TV Shows being updated to the last IMDb votes...if I would in your situaiton, I would just insert manually the IDs of the TV Shows for which I have really interest into.
I can try to consider again the point but December is going to be a really busy period for me. So, for the moment, I can just take a note Smile In addition to that, I would not agree to have the same add-on with just an additional functionality added...so in case, there will be just a new release of the current Light IMDb Ratings Update add-on.
For me this add-on works really well. Thanks!
Just a quick "thank you!" from me! The add-on works flawlessly for me and it's very fast because of multi-threading. Well done!
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.27