• 25(current)
Release Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
(2018-06-23, 21:33)HeresJohnny Wrote: No updates are found by my Kodi

Actually you have just to download the zip from the first post and install it...
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
If I'm not mistaken, you need to manually upgrade with the zip file (because there is no repo).
At lease this is that I've done with my Android box.
(2018-06-25, 08:16)EveMene Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, you need to manually upgrade with the zip file (because there is no repo).
At lease this is that I've done with my Android box.

Have a great day! Wink
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
All of a sudden my TV Shows in my Kodi are not showing their thetvdb/imdb ids like they previously were. Is anyone with Emby for Kodi / Emby server having this issue?

I can only update ratings in movies since those seem to be keeping the imdb ids. Wierd.
(2018-07-01, 02:54)djhifi Wrote: All of a sudden my TV Shows in my Kodi are not showing their thetvdb/imdb ids like they previously were. Is anyone with Emby for Kodi / Emby server having this issue?

I can only update ratings in movies since those seem to be keeping the imdb ids. Wierd.
Hi djhifi,

Did you take a look to the Kodi log as well as the log file of Light IMDb Ratings Update? That would be useful to understand better the issue you are having. It seems that TV Shows IDs stored in the Kodi DB have been removed...sounds really strange to me!
Known Issue with TVDB scraper

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333344
(2018-07-02, 18:04)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2018-07-01, 02:54)djhifi Wrote: All of a sudden my TV Shows in my Kodi are not showing their thetvdb/imdb ids like they previously were. Is anyone with Emby for Kodi / Emby server having this issue?

Hi djhifi,

Did you take a look to the Kodi log as well as the log file of Light IMDb Ratings Update? That would be useful to understand better the issue you are having. It seems that TV Shows IDs stored in the Kodi DB have been removed...sounds really strange to me!        
 Already trying to sort this out on Emby forums as well. So far nothing has changed Sad please check here to try and understand better:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/...-a-sudden/

PS: Will run a TV Shows-only ratings update with log enabled to post here altough i've pinpointed that for the moment my "myvideoxxx.db" doesn't seem to be containing tdb/imdb IDs from TV Shows when the "emby for kodi" addon syncs with my server (my server = where I have everything correctly scrapped and IDed).

EDIT: I was using SQLite Database Browser to check "myvideosxxx.db" file and one of the tables (called "tvshow_view) that contains several TV Shows info SPECIALLY, tvdb, was not even browsable.

I've just ran a "Repair Scan" on TV Shows (as I said I use "Emby for Kodi" addon to sync with my server) and now "tvshow_view" works. But I've also updated to the most recent
metadata.tvdb.com v3.0.6. 

I still cannot update the ratings using the Addon I mentioned in the original post but I think a "Database Reset" (again using the "Emby for Kodi" addon) will fix that (will do that right now and report back).

EDIT: This is not addon-related. It has it's source in the Emby for KODI addon. As of now, I'm working with one of the devs to push a new stable release as it seems something has changed along the way.

I'm leaving this edit here in case another Emby for KODI user also happens to use this IMDB Ratings Update addon as well and has this error in the TV Shows ID retrieval.
(2018-07-02, 22:32)junitodx Wrote: Known Issue with TVDB scraper

Im not using KODI to scrape anything. I use emby. I think that issue doesn't apply to me since I have everything correctly scrapped in my server

--------------------

EDIT: This is not addon-related. It has it's source in the Emby for KODI addon. As of now, I'm working with one of the devs to push a new stable release as it seems something has changed along the way.

I'm leaving this edit here in case another Emby for KODI user also happens to use this IMDB Ratings Update addon as well and has this error in the TV Shows ID retrieval.

Cheers
(2018-07-03, 02:23)djhifi Wrote:

Im not using KODI to scrape anything. I use emby. I think that issue doesn't apply to me since I have everything correctly scrapped in my server

--------------------

Cheers 
Thanks djhifi to clarify that the issue is not related to the add-on! Sometimes things can be just misinterpreted by some users.

Please anyway keep us updated about the status!

Have a great day!
(2018-07-04, 15:39)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2018-07-03, 02:23)djhifi Wrote:

--------------------

Cheers   
Thanks djhifi to clarify that the issue is not related to the add-on! Sometimes things can be just misinterpreted by some users.

Please anyway keep us updated about the status!

Have a great day!  

You're welcome. I can't live without this addon since I love having my ratings synced in KODI and sadly, using an Emby server (that has everything scrapped and updated) doesn't actually carry over the ratings (and votes, specially) to the KODI because the Emby for KODI addon fetches the information from the metadata in the Emby server and refreshes the tables in the "myvideosXXX.db" in KODI.

What was happening regarding TV Shows "tvdb" IDs not being imported to the correct table in the KODI "myvideosXXX.db" is now solved.

But that raised one question/suggestion I would like to ask you:

Can you implement a feature in the addon in order for it to be able to only update Movies as well as TV Shows that don't have ratings in the "myvideosXXX.db" ? 
I mean, without the need to scan the entire movie library, to make things faster, is it possible to implement such behavior?

TV Shows might be tricky, because even if I lock the metadata in my Emby server for all the espides on a particular season that IS STILL ONGOING, whenever I add the newest episode, emby for kodi syncs and refreshes the tables on that entire TV Show, removing all the ratings EXCEPT those that are attached to episodes i've already locked. If I lock the entire TV Show, the Emby server simply doesn't scrape. So I think it would be easier for movies, since no movie ratings actually reset as they are not tied under the same parent folder as well as they have different tables in the "myvideosXXX.db".

Can you implement a search function in the "myvideosXXX.db" for movies without ratings?

PS: I hope this isn't confusing Big Grin

EDIT: Still regarding the problem I was having I just now noticed that you added, 2 versions ago, IMDB ID retrieval from tvdb for TV Shows and episodes. Maybe this is correlated somehow. What changed ? (i have to read back in the pages)
Hi djhifi,

Thanks for your reply and it is always a pleasure to receive compliments for your own work.  Smile  Going back to your points now...

1) The idea behind the add-on is to update the ratings for the entire Movies/TV Shows libraries because, at least from my side, it does not have too much sense to have updated only some of them (e.g. the ones that does not have ratings). So, as the add-on is actually working, you will have the entries without ratings filled as well as all the others updated to the current values. At the same time, I don't think it would improve so much the speed since the multi-thread approach has already very good performances.

2) Can you please clarify which would be the usage of "a search function in the "myvideosXXX.db" for Movies without ratings"? What you would do with the result of that search? I anyway think it is a feature that fits better for a Media Manager program. 

3) About the changes you asked clarification for: you mentioned TVDB but that version added the retrivial of IMDB from The Movie Database (TMDB).

Have a great day!
1) I get it, and I understand your point. I was just suggesting it since I have a really big collection (specially in movies).

2) the usage of the search function would be pointing to the table on a specific TV Show and check if it had ratings or not on a new item instead of refreshing the entire table (on a TV Show). But it's not the addon fault. It's a fault of Emby for KODI I think. check this post with the latest update that addon has:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/.../?p=595825

"Define "tvdb" as the rating type for tv shows. If you have an add-on that needs it defined, you'll need to repair your tv shows to force the fix into place."

Before this fix, the "myvideosXXX.db" tables in TV Shows, instead of specifying tvdb on the "uniqueID" table, was showing "unknown". I don't know how it is on your side (if you open your db and check if it's the same) but the ratings update addon was unable to retrieve the tvdb (so, couldnt update shows). But as far as the devs on the emby for KODI addon, having "unknown" in the "myvideosXXX.db" table "uniqueID" for tv shows, was always the behavior. So I don't know what happened, but glad it got fixed.

And this answer 3) since you are right I made a typo there.

Ultimately I think it's not IMDB ratings update fault but as I said the emby for kodi, regarding TV shows. When I add an episode and my kodi syncs with the server, that whole TV Show gets it's ratings wiped from the database, and I have to use you addon again on that particular show.

I was just asking if there was any workaround on this side or if I should keep working with the addon devs from emby for kodi about this
I've come close to reading this entire thread and I'm still unsure why this isn't working for me.  My NFO files contain the <id></id> tags and the corresponding TVDB ID is correctly listed in that tag.  Each tvshow.nfo file is located in each TV Show's home folder.  However, when I pull up this addon's context menu for a show, no IDs are listed.  When I manually try to update, the log file agrees, saying:

Method get_IMDb_ID_from_theTVDB: Missing TVDB ID
Method get_IMDb_ID_from_TMDb: Missing TMDB ID

I am using a central MySQL DB for my Kodi setup.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!
(2018-07-27, 18:00)Skirge01 Wrote: I've come close to reading this entire thread and I'm still unsure why this isn't working for me.  My NFO files contain the <id></id> tags and the corresponding TVDB ID is correctly listed in that tag.  Each tvshow.nfo file is located in each TV Show's home folder.  However, when I pull up this addon's context menu for a show, no IDs are listed.  When I manually try to update, the log file agrees, saying:

Method get_IMDb_ID_from_theTVDB: Missing TVDB ID
Method get_IMDb_ID_from_TMDb: Missing TMDB ID

I am using a central MySQL DB for my Kodi setup.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!
 Hi Skirge01,

Can you please post on pastebin one tvshow.nfo file as well as an episode.nfo file to double check them? In addition it would be great if you can enable debug mode in kodi and post the kodi.log when you try to update a TV Show. Another check is to see what happens when you open the Light IMDb Ratings Update context menu of a TV Show or Episode: it should show you the IDs that are currently available for that item.

Looking forward for your input to facilitate the solution to this issue.

Alex
UPDATE 8/1/2018:  I had a Kodi issue and needed to restore some things from backup.  As a result, I've updated the Kodi.log file on pastebin. Everything else is the same.

The tvshow.nfo is at https://pastebin.com/kxsTshZQ

An episode NFO is at https://pastebin.com/1gp6F6ya

While I don't see any ID numbers for the episode in the NFO, I also don't care if those get updated.  I'm only concerned with the show's overall rating getting updated.

The end of the kodi.log is at https://pastebin.com/B2KsbR0j (Updated 8/1/2018)

The Lite IMDB context menu displays the rating, but doesn't show any IDs at all.  I posted a screenshot at https://postimg.cc/image/68fjaplbl/

Thanks for your help!
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.27