• 46(current)
Release Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
(2020-05-03, 21:14)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2020-05-03, 15:48)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-05-01, 23:58)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Is there a method of manually running the update? I didn't find one through the add-on screen or reading the main info about it. I don't need to update ratings on a weekly schedule, just once in a blue moon since I can't find the old IMDb updater I used.

Cheers!
Just click on the add-on icon...as for all the other add-ons!  Blush  

That just brings up the information screen which does not have a run function. The settings only allow to schedule a timed update. There is still no option to manually run the update. It is greyed out. 
This sounds really weird...what you mentioned is what should happen when you select "information" from the context menu of the add-on (means you right click on the add-on icon). I'm 100% sure that if you left-click on the add-on icon under the Add-on menu in the Home screen, it works.

Let me know.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2020-05-03, 21:14)K0D1User1138 Wrote: That just brings up the information screen which does not have a run function. The settings only allow to schedule a timed update. There is still no option to manually run the update. It is greyed out.
Read here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2871908
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-04, 10:16)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-05-03, 21:14)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2020-05-03, 15:48)axlt2002 Wrote: Just click on the add-on icon...as for all the other add-ons!  Blush  

That just brings up the information screen which does not have a run function. The settings only allow to schedule a timed update. There is still no option to manually run the update. It is greyed out.  
This sounds really weird...what you mentioned is what should happen when you select "information" from the context menu of the add-on (means you right click on the add-on icon). I'm 100% sure that if you left-click on the add-on icon under the Add-on menu in the Home screen, it works.

Let me know. 

I navigate to Settings / Add-ons / My Add-ons / All / Light IMDB and left click. It brings up the add-on settings where I can Configure, Update, Uninstall, Disable/Enable, and set Auto Update.

Both Preview and Run or greyed out.

If I right-click I get a dialogue pop-up that gives the options for Information, Disable, Settings and Add to Favourites.

This happens in my custom skin and the default skin.
(2020-05-04, 10:23)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-03, 21:14)K0D1User1138 Wrote: That just brings up the information screen which does not have a run function. The settings only allow to schedule a timed update. There is still no option to manually run the update. It is greyed out.
Read here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2871908 
I read that post. This add-on does not show up under Program Add-ons in my custom skin or in either location noted in the default skin.
I ran this add-on after quite some time (scheduled run is disabled) and noticed that none of the entries in my library update on screen. It works through everything and finishes successfully but the ratings are the same as before. I cross-checked with IMDB to confirm.

Did anyone else encounter this before? Even deleting and re-adding the IMDB ID doesn't seem to affect it.

According to the log there is an issue accessing IMDB site.
@Cinephile

http://akas.imdb.com was depracated by IMDB a few weeks ago. It affected our scrapers also which were updated quite quickly.... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2938805

Light IMDB will need to be updated also.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks @Karellen, I should’ve read the last few pages. My bad.

I saw the scraper updates come through but didn’t think to (manually) update Light IMDB to 3.5.4

All working now. Cheers.
Oh yes, it has been updated. I thought it had but was not 100% sure.

Here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2939906
My Signature
(2020-05-17, 05:44)Cinephile Wrote: Thanks @Karellen, I should’ve read the last few pages. My bad.

I saw the scraper updates come through but didn’t think to (manually) update Light IMDB to 3.5.4

All working now. Cheers.
Nod
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
Hello, I am a new user who found this plugin. I am happy about it, thanks for it!

But after running it it says errors occured. This is the log:
https://pastebin.com/Ri7wj394

Basically a bunch of errors like this:
Quote:2020-05-22 22:02:40.802 T:21476   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddActor (Bill Pullman) failed
2020-05-22 22:02:47.582 T:25220   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos116] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1213)
                                            Query: update actor set art_urls = '<thumb>https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/person/588308/5e8ec3d1cc3d4.jpg</thumb>' where actor_id = 4924
2020-05-22 22:02:47.582 T:25220   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddActor (John Gallagher Jr.) failed
2020-05-22 22:02:49.984 T:25220   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos116] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1213)
                                            Query: update actor set art_urls = '<thumb>https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/person/311339/62110373.jpg</thumb>' where actor_id = 44057
2020-05-22 22:02:49.984 T:25220   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddActor (Lena Waithe) failed
2020-05-22 22:02:50.236 T:25220   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos116] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1213)
                                            Query: update actor set art_urls = '<thumb>https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/person/588308/5e8ec3d1cc3d4.jpg</thumb>' where actor_id = 4924
2020-05-22 22:02:50.236 T:25220   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddActor (John Gallagher Jr.) failed
@devkid

That does not look like errors from the addon.

Can you post the full log thanks, and ensure it captures an Update Library or a scrape of a movie or tv show.
My Signature
Thanks for fast reply. The full log was included in the post (contains only the IMDB update though):

I am using a MariaDB server as database and I could not reproduce the problem on my main player connected to the TV. So you could consider it solved.
Regarding the problem: the log was from my regular PC (it only happens there). Maybe the error happened cause my PC is using the MariaDB but it has no configured sources itself. So maybe it is a problem that it iterates over the database but cannot access the actual data since it has not sources?
(2020-05-22, 22:34)devkid Wrote: Thanks for fast reply. The full log was included in the post (contains only the IMDB update though):

I am using a MariaDB server as database and I could not reproduce the problem on my main player connected to the TV. So you could consider it solved.
Regarding the problem: the log was from my regular PC (it only happens there). Maybe the error happened cause my PC is using the MariaDB but it has no configured sources itself. So maybe it is a problem that it iterates over the database but cannot access the actual data since it has not sources?
Hi @devkid , as said by @Karellen , the error does not refer to this add-on, therefore I would suggest you to find the proper thread where you can submit your issue to the developers...I honestly even don't know what a MariaDB is...  Huh
Hi,

I just started using this addon and have some questions.

I installed version 4.2.2 So far I can't find a way to manually trigger the update for all movies or tv shows.
The only way i can start it is by setting the schedule so it starts by itself.
I have found the option to trigger an update for an individual movie or tv show in the context menu.

After it ran all items have IMDB ratings which is good Smile Now if a tv show or movie gets added to the library, will this addon automatically get the IMDB rating? or will i have to trigger the addon myself every time new items get added to KODI?
(2020-05-29, 06:21)CK77 Wrote: Hi,

I just started using this addon and have some questions.

I installed version 4.2.2 So far I can't find a way to manually trigger the update for all movies or tv shows.
The only way i can start it is by setting the schedule so it starts by itself.
I have found the option to trigger an update for an individual movie or tv show in the context menu.

After it ran all items have IMDB ratings which is good Smile Now if a tv show or movie gets added to the library, will this addon automatically get the IMDB rating? or will i have to trigger the addon myself every time new items get added to KODI?
Hi @CK77 , thanks for your post!

Ok, for a manual run you just need to go in the Add-on menu in the Home page of your skin and left click (or press Enter) on the icon of Light IMDb Ratings Update; if you right click, a context menu will open in which you can choose between information, settings or add to favorite (I don't remember if I have missed something here...).

To have already the IMDb ratings updated when you add a movie or a TV show to the Kodi video library, you should rely upon the scraper used to retrieve the information; TheMovieDatabase scrapers for movies and TV shows have a setting to do that.

Have a great evening!

Alex
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.27