• 2(current)
Release Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
(2017-06-15, 17:21)blackreign66 Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 16:24)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 09:15)axlt2002 Wrote: Ok, I will give it a look and come back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Hi blackreign66,

Can you please provide more information about when this error happens? The add-on gave the error at the first run or you have tried to execute it more than once? If you run Kodi again, does the error re-happen or not? More information you provide, better I can try to understand the issue...this never happened in my testings before the release of the add-on.

In addition to that, please enable the debug logging in Kodi (1.1 GUI settings).

Thanks in advance!

Hi and thanks for your response. Ok the problem starts soon after I attempt to install addon from zip. I immediately get an error saying "Light IMDB update error" after which the Run tab is greyed out but I can configure addon. So I don't believe it is actually installing because of the error. I enabled debug log and attached LOG

LOG

Hello,

I took a look to the new log you provided and there is no error related to the add-on. This is confusing me now...

Try these steps please:

- Open Kodi
- Uninstall the add-on
- Close Kodi
- Go the the userdata folder and delete the folder named "script.lightimdbratingsupdate" inside the addon_data folder
- Open Kodi
- Enable the debugging (if not already enabled)
- Install the add-on

Has been the add-on installed correctly now? Once installed, after 10/15 seconds a pop-up window asking to configure the scheduling options should appear...

Let me know.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2017-06-15, 17:46)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 17:21)blackreign66 Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 16:24)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi blackreign66,

Can you please provide more information about when this error happens? The add-on gave the error at the first run or you have tried to execute it more than once? If you run Kodi again, does the error re-happen or not? More information you provide, better I can try to understand the issue...this never happened in my testings before the release of the add-on.

In addition to that, please enable the debug logging in Kodi (1.1 GUI settings).

Thanks in advance!

Hi and thanks for your response. Ok the problem starts soon after I attempt to install addon from zip. I immediately get an error saying "Light IMDB update error" after which the Run tab is greyed out but I can configure addon. So I don't believe it is actually installing because of the error. I enabled debug log and attached LOG

LOG

Hello,

I took a look to the new log you provided and there is no error related to the add-on. This is confusing me now...

Try these steps please:

- Open Kodi
- Uninstall the add-on
- Close Kodi
- Go the the userdata folder and delete the folder named "script.lightimdbratingsupdate" inside the addon_data folder
- Open Kodi
- Install the add-on

Has been the add-on installed correctly now? Once installed, after 10/15 seconds a pop-up window asking to configure the scheduling options should appear...

Let me know.

Ok I've performed these steps and the addon installed and I received the pop-up asking to configure the scheduling options, however the addon didn't allow me to run it manually because the Run tab was greyed out. So I configured scheduling to start addon at 1213 and it started but produced an Addon error and said to check log. Thank you for your help and patience. LOG attached

LOG
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
(2017-06-15, 18:20)blackreign66 Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 17:46)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 17:21)blackreign66 Wrote: Hi and thanks for your response. Ok the problem starts soon after I attempt to install addon from zip. I immediately get an error saying "Light IMDB update error" after which the Run tab is greyed out but I can configure addon. So I don't believe it is actually installing because of the error. I enabled debug log and attached LOG

LOG

Hello,

Try these steps please:

- Open Kodi
- Uninstall the add-on
- Close Kodi
- Open Kodi
- Install the add-on

Let me know.

Ok I've performed these steps and the addon installed and I received the pop-up asking to configure the scheduling options, however the addon didn't allow me to run it manually because the Run tab was greyed out. So I configured scheduling to start addon at 1213 and it started but produced an Addon error and said to check log. Thank you for your help and patience. LOG attached

LOG

Ok, it seems you didn't have installed PHP or didn't configured the right path in the add-on settings. Please refer to the PHP installation steps as described in the Prerequisites for installation in the first post of this thread.

Let me know if that was the issue, thanks.

P.S.: Btw, the Run tab is greyed out because the add-on runs as a service and is not a program. In case you want to run it when needed, just change the scheduling options as you did! Nod
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
Hi guys,

Just to notify that Kodi (version 17 and beyond) has a bug while installing a service add-on from a .zip file. Practically, after the add-on has been installed, the service is launched two times and this just overrides the check on the PHP installation. In order to have the correct behaviour, you have to close Kodi and start it again.

At the moment I would just suggest to install PHP in the default path C:\Program Files\php5\ (as reported in the first post) to avoid any issue.
Thank you very much for your work on this addon.
But I'd really like to use it with LibreELEC aswell.
Hopefully this is possible somehow
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
Thank you!

(2017-06-12, 14:41)axlt2002 Wrote: The update can be scheduled once a week and it will run as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed.

Is there any way to force a run besides the schedule?
(2017-06-20, 16:35)ElanX Wrote: Thank you!

(2017-06-12, 14:41)axlt2002 Wrote: The update can be scheduled once a week and it will run as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed.

Is there any way to force a run besides the schedule?

Hi ElanX,

Actually not. In order to run it at any time, you have to go to the settings and change the scheduling information accordingly.

Maybe I can consider the point for a future update.
(2017-06-20, 16:45)axlt2002 Wrote: Actually not. In order to run it at any time, you have to go to the settings and change the scheduling information accordingly.

At least give the option for an initial first run after installation. I didn't want to wait for my schedule to get all my ratings updated. Angel

I followed your installation instructions, and everything with movies worked perfectly. Thank you so much. I will try and figure out TV shows next.

Highly recommend this addon!
(2017-06-20, 17:08)ElanX Wrote:
(2017-06-20, 16:45)axlt2002 Wrote: Actually not. In order to run it at any time, you have to go to the settings and change the scheduling information accordingly.

At least give the option for an initial first run after installation. I didn't want to wait for my schedule to get all my ratings updated. Angel

I followed your installation instructions, and everything with movies worked perfectly. Thank you so much. I will try and figure out TV shows next.

Highly recommend this addon!

Thanks for your nice words ElanX! Wink

For TV shows, at the moment, the procedure may result a little bit tricky...When the new version of EMM will be released, everything will be more straight forward.

I have noted your suggestions. Hope to have time to implement them (or one of the two) soon.
New release 1.0.1 available for download.

Check it out!
Installed and it works!

Not sure if this is even possible, but it would be nice to only update if the number of votes changed by 5% percent. It would make the addon update movies that have a significant change only
Hi Edworld,

Thanks for your feedback!
(2017-06-21, 03:48)Edworld Wrote: Installed and it works!
Cool! Rofl
(2017-06-21, 03:48)Edworld Wrote: Not sure if this is even possible, but it would be nice to only update if the number of votes changed by 5% percent. It would make the addon update movies that have a significant change only
From my point of view the "significant changes" concept has more sense if applied to the rating and not to the number of votes (e.g. I could don't care about the number of votes, even if changed of 15%, if the rating is the same). On such basis, the add-on has the option "Include votes": so, to speed-up the update, I would suggest to keep it disabled (maybe after a first update in which everything is enabled) in order to update only the movies/tv shows/episodes that have a change in the rating. From time to time you can decide to include votes for the update. Btw, if a rating changes, the number of votes is updated too even if the "Include votes" option is disabled.

Have a great day!
Hi guys,

I have implemented the manual update (ElanX dixit Wink). To run it, just enter the add-on settings, go to the "Manual update" tab and click on "Run the update...".

Download the new relase following the link in the first post.

Have a nice day!
Axlt,

You mention that if the rating changes, number of votes update too.

Is rating change one decimal point, two decimal points?
(2017-06-21, 11:28)axlt2002 Wrote: I have implemented the manual update (ElanX dixit Wink). To run it, just enter the add-on settings, go to the "Manual update" tab and click on "Run the update...".

Bravo!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.27