v17 OpenELEC - no audio until select another audio output and switch back.
I recently upgraded OpenELEC on my NUC 5th gen to Kody 17 (Krypton).
Now every time I boot the device I have no sounds until I go to "System settings" - "Audio" - select something else there and then switch back to ALSA: HDA Intel, TV on HDMI #0 output.
Also I noticed on my AV Receiver's screen "PCM" icon comes up as soon as I do this back and forth audio switch.

If I don't do it and start playback I might get the sound after few seconds of playback... But not always - sometimes Kodi keep playing without sound until I do this Audio Settings toggle.

Never had this issue with previous versions of Kodi.
Any help will be appreciated.
It might depend on the order you switch on your devices. I assume your connection chain will look like the following:

HTPC (the NUC) -> HDMI -> AVR -> HDMI -> TV

If that´s the case, please try to turn on the HTPC as the last device in the chain. Be sure that everything else is already turned on and then turn on the HTPC.
Thank you.
Yes, the setup is correct - NUC -> AVR -> TV
But I don't think this is the case: if I "enable" sound by toggling audio output and reboot NUC only without switching anything off it resets to "no sound" state again.

Also power on sequence was never changed. But I never had this issue until Kodi 17.
Not sure if this might an OpenELEC bug itself. Therefore I would recommend to head over to their forums and report that bug directly at openelec:

http://openelec.tv/forum
Possible. Understand.
Thank you.

I have other "new" annoying issue with new release (UI halt on network share access).
So I am going try LibreELEC ... Smile

But seriously considering installing old release with Kodi 16 - I had no issues with it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC - no audio until select another audio output and switch back.0