• 2(current)
Req BD and UHD BD Menu support
All academic of course as there's no way in hell they are ever going to cough it up
To add each and every dev who ever contributed code to the code base can start that process and it's not up to the "Foundation".
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
BD-J menu support (win32) was added with pr https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11954 . It will be available from Kodi 18 on. Expect it to be buggy Wink
Thanks Ace, very cool...
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Thumbs Up 
(2017-06-15, 21:20)Ace Wrote: BD-J menu support (win32) was added with pr https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11954 . It will be available from Kodi 18 on. Expect it to be buggy Wink
Very nice job! Wish you congratulations on this achievement!

...now I'm sure the follow-up question will be if we will also get BD-J menu support for 64-bit Windows (Win64 on x86-64) for Kodi v18 too, even more buggy or not Wink
Apologies for the daft question but does that mean that the BD-J menu support will be in the Leia nightlies from tonight or is there a lead time for this to go into the build?
(2017-06-16, 10:48)RockerC Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 21:20)Ace Wrote: BD-J menu support (win32) was added with pr https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11954 . It will be available from Kodi 18 on. Expect it to be buggy Wink
Very nice job! Wish you congratulations on this achievement!

...now I'm sure the follow-up question will be if we will also get BD-J menu support for 64-bit Windows (Win64 on x86-64) for Kodi v18 too, even more buggy or not Wink

Thanks! 64-bit was already merged. Should be in tomorrow's nightly.

(2017-06-16, 10:57)UsefulG Wrote: Apologies for the daft question but does that mean that the BD-J menu support will be in the Leia nightlies from tonight or is there a lead time for this to go into the build?

Yes, it's in today's nightly (KodiSetup-20170615-d7ea2b0-master-x86)
@Ace That is great, I'll start testing the 32bit nightly today.

What are you looking for in terms of feedback? How would you like that formatted? Is this thread the best option or would you prefer a different method?

As the 64bit version will be available tomorrow is it possible to test with is as portable version and keep the 32 bit installed?
Great News, will also start testing.
Since this thread is also about UHD BD Menu will it support it?

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 

Thank you so much for this ACE!

The only thing I still don't understand is, the file structure of the UHD disk is exactly like the BD. Even the index.bdmv and movieobject,bdmv.
You can even try to open those with BDEdit.

So why doesn't Kodi play those discs? Even if I try .iso format or BDMV format. It just stands there and do nothing.
Is there anything that the end user can do to play those discs?
I don't have such disks. Maybe a debug log (wiki) from a current nightly would help.
Wait, are uhd disks decryptable at all yet?
(2017-06-16, 16:43)Ace Wrote: Wait, are uhd disks decryptable at all yet?

Yes they are but the "how" is still kept private.
The public have access to 3 disks so far: The Smurfs 2, Patriots Day and Inferno.

I'll be back home on monday and I can try to get the logs for The Smurfs 2 and Inferno.
Should it be ISO format or BDMV is fine for testing and logging?
@Ace

I've installed Java Runtime version 8 update 131 and installed the 32 bit nightly on my Windows 10 PC. I've set the Disc option to Blu-ray Menu and to change display settings to match video.

I copied a selection of Blu-ray ISO files which have all been ripped using AnyDVD HD to the local disk and tried to play them and unfortunately none of them seem to play apart from a calibration disk which came with my projector. I have checked the validity of the ISO files by swapping to 'Play Main Movie' and each of them plays the film correctly.

The debug log is here https://pastebin.com/1ShKKv7E where I try each one for 10-15 seconds before moving to the next one before running the calibration disk which works.

Hope that helps.
(2017-06-16, 17:52)fandangos Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 16:43)Ace Wrote: Wait, are uhd disks decryptable at all yet?

Yes they are but the "how" is still kept private.
The public have access to 3 disks so far: The Smurfs 2, Patriots Day and Inferno.

I'll be back home on monday and I can try to get the logs for The Smurfs 2 and Inferno.
Should it be ISO format or BDMV is fine for testing and logging?

The "how" is faulty exploitable AACS keys (for The Smurfs disc at least).
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BD and UHD BD Menu support3