• 4(current)
Req BD and UHD BD Menu support
i have all my shares mounted as drives as used powerdvd for menu playback, just changing it it to use the default player and getting good results, much more than when you tried this in v16 i think, nice work and thanks, not tried remote and controlling yet but definitely an improvement
is x64 version also as messing with that too
(2017-06-17, 21:47)Ace Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 18:45)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 08:14)Ace Wrote: not sure what you mean. Mount it and play the disc via the context menu. Or browse to the index.bdmv file and play that

Try your suggestion and only a few BD J i tested are working.

What a shame! I think I should remove that crappy code immediately.

I'm not a coder like you ACE but could you explain what is going on?
I had in mind libbluray would do all the work reading the menus, that's not the case then?

Different players interact with libbluray differently? So one player could have more compatibility than others using the same libbluray version?
For further improvements we need updates on libbluray?

And also even if libbluray updates adding the requirement for UHD disks that doesn't mean it would work with KODI?
(2017-06-17, 18:45)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 08:14)Ace Wrote: not sure what you mean. Mount it and play the disc via the context menu. Or browse to the index.bdmv file and play that

Try your suggestion and only a few BD J i tested are working.

Good progress no need to remove the code more user testing and feedback will only improve it.

Great work.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-06-18, 00:58)fandangos Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 18:45)movie78 Wrote: Try your suggestion and only a few BD J i tested are working.

I'm not a coder like you ACE but could you explain what is going on?
I had in mind libbluray would do all the work reading the menus, that's not the case then?

Different players interact with libbluray differently? So one player could have more compatibility than others using the same libbluray version?
For further improvements we need updates on libbluray?

And also even if libbluray updates adding the requirement for UHD disks that doesn't mean it would work with KODI?
Yes, BD-J menus are handled by libbluray, but AFAIK part of the rendering needs to be done by Kodi (at least for HDMV menus), so it's quite possible that some BD-J menus might run in VLC but not yet Kodi. If they don't work in VLC, they likely also won't work in Kodi.
@Ace
Any update on BD J-ISO support?

Thanks!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Got it working with a poc, need a few more days to polish it.
(2017-06-19, 23:25)Ace Wrote: Got it working with a poc, need a few more days to polish it.

Take your time no rush.

Thanks!
Is there a reason this is for windows only? I thought there was a libbluray for linux?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is it? Last time I checked (before we had jenkins and cmake) it worked under linux.
(2017-06-20, 07:42)Ace Wrote: Is it? Last time I checked (before we had jenkins and cmake) it worked under linux.
Maybe I misunderstood your earlier post
Quote:BD-J menu support (win32) was added with pr https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11954 . It will be available from Kodi 18 on. Expect it to be buggy
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-20, 08:07)nickr Wrote:
(2017-06-20, 07:42)Ace Wrote: Is it? Last time I checked (before we had jenkins and cmake) it worked under linux.
Maybe I misunderstood your earlier post
Quote:BD-J menu support (win32) was added with pr https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11954 . It will be available from Kodi 18 on. Expect it to be buggy
Bdj menus worked on linux with an older version of aces tree, but the have bdj flag has to be turned on at compile time. Also the libbluray for nighties need to compile the java files it needs.
Android is a different story.

Thank you ace for all your hard work I've been following this for years and am so glad it's landed.
FWIW, I don't think running a J2ME VM (if I understand correctly that it's what is needed) on android will be feasible.
Running a java vm inside a java vm would be...tricky Wink
Vidon was able to do it, and they used the same j2me vm that's publicly available. The other alternative is to find some way to give the regular android vm awt classes.
http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/?q=node/28
Just to give an update, it seems that the Egreat A10, an android box, that uses KODI, just released a beta firmware. It now supports BD and UHD BD with a few hiccups.

So to sum it up, right now we have 3 methods to watching UHD BD with proper menus on PC.

DVDFab Media Player 3.1.0.0 - menu works but no HDR - need a iGPU intel or AMD/Nvidia GPU with HEVC hardware decoding for proper playback of the movie. It will only play decrypted discs.

Egreat A10 - beta firmware - plays UHD menus and movies, including HDR, but have a few glitches showing the menus and stuttering playing the main movie. It will only play decrypted discs.

PowerDVD 17 - which requires the following if you own the original discs:
Intel Kaby Lake CPU
Pioneer or other BD-XL UHD driver with proper keys.
Motherboard with SGX
HDCP 2.2 display
Original disc.
Should be able to output HDR metadata.
Observation: HDR doesn't work no matter what setting I throw here with demo h.265 files.

Observation 2: MadVR, which is free is able to output HDR metadata just fine using Windows 10 creators update API and Nvidia API.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BD and UHD BD Menu support3