•   
  • 12(current)
Request -  BD and UHD BD Menu support
I think the jvm would need to be spawned as a process right? This would not work on iOS and tvOS for example because apps are not allowed to do so (it simply would crash)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I also see licensing issues (I doubt it's compatible to GPL, so we can't ship it)
(2018-04-08, 18:10)da-anda Wrote: I also see licensing issues (I doubt it's compatible to GPL, so we can't ship it)
 According to this page:
http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/?q=node/28

It's GPL version 2.
phoneME source code:
https://github.com/nikita36078/phoneME-android
So how are companies like Zidoo, Egreat, and Zapitti able to accomplish this on Android platform?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U9-H LIBREELEC v18 Leia | EGREAT A5 | NVIDIA SHIELD
SAMSUNG QLED QN65Q7 | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX ONE X UHD BLU-RAY | PS4 PRO 4K w/PSVR
ONKYO SBT-A500 DTS X | ATMOS 3.2.1
with proprietary code they don't open and violating the GPL
(2018-04-16, 17:03)wsnipex Wrote: with proprietary code they don't open and violating the GPL
 Understand, Vidon and any afflilate with Vidon was Banner from Kodi forum from not sharing thie BD J source, so why Zidoo is still in the Kodi forum if they haven't share their source code?
Will this help

https://github.com/zidootech/ZDMC/releases
ZDMC just integrate the closed realtek system player with kodi, so no, doesnt help.
(2018-04-18, 08:06)Koying Wrote: ZDMC just integrate the closed realtek system player with kodi, so no, doesnt help.
 Slightly off-topic maybe, but: Is that a software or hardware (SoC) system from Realtek? It was my understanding that, while Realtek still produce SoC's for media playback, they excluded Blu-ray Disc Java from their chips due to Cinavia, because of pricey licenses (as far as I understood)?
BD-J is software.
Cinavia is a low-level watermarking system, mandatory for certified players, to identify illegal copies.
(2018-04-18, 14:08)Koying Wrote: BD-J is software.
Cinavia is a low-level watermarking system, mandatory for certified players, to identify illegal copies.
 Yes I know.
But I've often seen that argument on various forums. Like e.g. why Popcorn Hour devices after A300 and C300 no longer supported BD-J, but having no problem playing the videos on a Blu-ray. "Cinavia", people said. Same goes for Dune devices.
So I assumed maybe it was a licensing issue. Because being able to play M2TS files doesn't require a license - so any chip can do this without paying The Blu-ray Disc Association anything. But as soon as BD-J is added - then you can't escape that you're playing a Blu-ray - and then you have to pay a license fee to BDA.
And when Cinavia was introduced, it became - as you say - mandatory in all players, and thus upping the license fee (I assume). So avoiding BD-J probably made a lot of sense from a financial point of view.

I don't think it was a decision by Cloud Media (Popcorn Hour), but rather by Sigma who made the chips.

I thought Realtek did the same, but apparently not, if RTD1295 in Zidoo devices is what handles BD-J. I always thought it was software that handled it in these Android TV boxes, just like Kodi v18 will.
  •   
  • 12(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BD and UHD BD Menu support4.673