How could one open the search window with a shortcut in the main window?
How could one open the search window with a shortcut in the main window:

Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
Grab this if you don't have it yet.. Add-on:Global Search (wiki) go into 'add-ons' mark it as a favourite, and link that favourite to a custom home page button or menu.
Thank you very much!

Yes, I already use it, have a custom menu item, it does not work well with me:

And an option I often use is to add the movie / episode found to the favorites, that does not appear to work

How could one assign a shortcut to that search?

Many thanks
Ensure your search program is marked as a favourite, try it out in the favourites add-ons menu... works? or not? (works for me) then just link that favourite. I'm looking for what fails for you? The favourites, or making the link to favourites?
Sorry, I do not understand, it is shown here:
and here:

Quote:Ensure your search program is marked as a favourite
How could I do it?

Quote:try it out in the favourites add-ons menu
Where is it?

Quote:I'm looking for what fails for you? The favourites, or making the link to favourites?
There is no option to add it to the favorites:

Clicking the found item plays it, so I do not get to a place where I could add it to the favorites.
Quote:Ensure your search program is marked as a favourite

How could I do it?
Open the context menu (keybaord 'C' or right mouse button over the icon) and choose add to favourites.

Quote:try it out in the favourites add-ons menu (it does look like you are using the older 'Confluence' skin which uses add-ons for this trick)

Where is it?
Going to System>settings>appearance>skin>submenu settings>HomePage>programs submenu> addon 1 clicking here should open up a dialog with 'search' in that, and hopefully it will add search to your interface.
Quote: Open the context menu (keybaord 'C' or right mouse button over the icon) and choose add to favourites.
There does not appear a context menu.

Quote:Going to System>settings>appearance>skin>submenu settings>HomePage>programs submenu>

I cannot find such a path but I assume this is the right place:

Quote:addon 1 clicking here should open up a dialog with 'search' in that, and hopefully it will add search to your interface.

I am not quite sure, haven't I already done it? Did you see the screenshots above?
Yes that is correct, the search add-on should be available from the home page through the 'programs' as a sub menu add-on? If you want to add it in another spot e.g under videos as a submenu, you could pick the search for that.
Very sorry, I do not understand at all.

I do not have changed anything regarding the search, it is the same like it was before. What I meant in the starting post was: how could one open the search window with a shortcut in the main window. So is there a key or a combination of keys which could open the / a search window in the main window of Kodi?

Quote:Yes that is correct, the search add-on should be available from the home page through the 'programs' as a sub menu add-on?
Well, not necessarily, but I didn't find a way to get it into another menu.

Quote:If you want to add it in another spot e.g under videos as a submenu, you could pick the search for that.
Sorry, what does "pick the search" mean? The search icon?

Many thanks, sorry for my bad undestanding
Ok a bit of misunderstanding here... it's a shortcut hotkey you're wanting to link to the search. You find the Keymap (wiki) and this Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki) will make it easier.
Thank you very much for the links.

I now made it to add a shortcut to open the "Favorites" in "Home". Actually I tried to enter "STRG+F" in the "Keymap Editor" but only "STRG" is added, so when I in "Home" now press STRG the favorite window is shown instead of pressing "STRG+F" I would have like to be added.

And the same with "Global search". There is only a single key added instead of a combination. How could I add a shortcut containing of a combination of keys, e.g. STRG+F for favorites?

And I cannot find the normal search in Kodi (not the Global search) in the keymap editor, where could I find it?

When I press "V" to show the movie information while a movie is running an empty movie information window is shown:

How could Kodi display the informationl?
Quote:When I press "V" to show the movie information while a movie is running an empty movie information window is shown:

Try the letter 'I' short for information.

Enter any of the main button modes, the left slide out menu will offer the default search.

I don't use shortcut hotkeys myself, so could not help you much in that regard.
Quote: When I press "V" to show the movie information while a movie is running an empty movie information window is shown:

Try the letter 'I' short for information.
Sorry, forgot to mention to hava assigned "V" to show the movie information when one is running. "I" only shows a litte information at the bottom in the video modus instead of the imformation shown when pressing "I" in a movie list. So showing the complete movie information only works on my system in the movie / series lists, not in that video mode when a video is shown.

Quote: Enter any of the main button modes, the left slide out menu will offer the default search.
Enter it in the keymap editor? So pressing first a shortcut to let the menu slight out and then a second shortcut to open the search window?

No, no, your help is very much appreaciated, many thanks.
I suppose a lot of this is skin dependant, you might try a few other skins to see if they're a bit more amenable towards your goals.
Alright, thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How could one open the search window with a shortcut in the main window?0