v17 Possible to have both Mark as Watched and Unwatched on Home items?
  • Kodi 17.3 with default Estuary skin
  • Android 5.1 media streamer box

Partially played library items are listed on the home screen. When the context menu is brought up, some items have a "Mark as Watched" context menu option but no "Mark as Unwatched" while others have the reverse.

Problem is that sometimes I need one of the options that isn't there. For instance, I've seen 75% of a movie via Kodi. I later watch the rest on the road on my laptop. When I load Kodi upon returning home, I cannot set "Mark as Watched" because that option is not available. So what I do instead is select "Mark as Unwatched" (which makes it disappear from the home screen), then go into the Movies library, scroll to the movie, open the context menu again and finally set "Mark as Watched".

Those are too many steps for what I think should be a simple option available right there. Is there a way to enable both options ("Mark as Watched / Unwatched) on all applicable items?
Quote:Partially played library items are listed on the home screen. When the context menu is brought up, some items have a "Mark as Watched" context menu option but no "Mark as Unwatched" while others have the reverse.

If some items are on the "in progress movies" or "in progress TV-show"-section on the home menu, those should only have a "mark as watched" context menu entry to remove then from that section. Items which are shown there shouldn't have a "mark as unwatched" as that wouldn't make sense. So could you please show us a screenshot from some "in progress" items which show a "mark as unwatched" context menu entry?
I've watched most, but not all of Moana. There is no "Mark as Watched" option. Only "Mark as Unwatched":

I've only watched a few minutes of Mulan. There is once again, only a "Mark as Unwatched" option.

In both cases, I would like to mark them as watched since I've seen those movies in their entirety and just wanted to quickly rewatch a scene. All items in my "in progress movies" list have only one option. Many have "Mark as Unwatched". Others have "Mark as Watched". If possible I'd like to have both options as in "In progress TV shows":

Since this behavior seems to be unintended, I might as well add here (or I can open a new thread if you prefer) that in my "Unwatched movies", are movies that have been partially played, such as "An Officer and a Gentleman" below (which also appears in my "In progress movies" list as you may have noticed from the first image above:
For each of those examples, what is total movie duration?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Moana 1:47:13
Mulan 1:27:50
An Officer and a Gentleman 2:04:14
Quote:Partially played library items are listed on the home screen. When the context menu is brought up, some items have a "Mark as Watched" context menu option but no "Mark as Unwatched" while others have the reverse.
I know you are ultimately asking something a little bit different, but maybe this wiki page may explain why it seems to randomly show either "Mark Watched" or "Mark Unwatched". Maybe some tweaking of the settings can help out.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_auto...ume_points

As for your question "Can we have both in the Context Menu", I can only suggest that the thread be moved to Feature Requests sub-forum so the developers can evaluate it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the link. I had already reviewed those advanced settings, though I can't figure out how they help me. They set when Kodi considers an item "watched" and when it starts tracking the current marker position. As far as I can tell, they don't impact the "Mark as watched" or "Mark as unwatched" menu items for those movies already on the "in progress" list.

Maybe you're right about moving to the Feature Requests sub, though I would note that based on DaVu's initial response (that there should not be any "Mark as unwatched" on the "in progress" lists), what I described is unintended behavior -- a bug.
The Officer and A Gentleman entry is the anomaly. So I agree, there is something not quite right happening there. I say this because the Resume Point is 01:13:58 of a 02:04:14 duration movie. So it falls well outside these settings (assuming you are using the default settings)
Code:
<playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent>
<ignorepercentatend>8</ignorepercentatend>

Matching the Resume Point and Movie Duration times, all three movies should be showing the same Context Menu entry.
My Signature
I am having the same issue.

I think I found the problem.

If a movie has never been seen all the way through and so never marked as watched - then the context menu will have "mark as watched"
* For example I have a movie that I started watching once and only reached less than half way - has option "mark as watched"

If a movie has been watched fully at least once and I have started watching again (no matter how much I have watched through the 2nd or 3rd or...) - then the context menu will have "mark as unwatched"
* For example I have a movie "Moana" that the kids watched several times but recently started again but not completed - has option "mark as unwatched"

This is consistent with all the movies I have in "In progress"
could i hack apart an XML file or add a custom button to the remote.xml to solve this problem?
  1. I watch a movie in full and it gets a check mark
  2. Later down the line i partly watch it again, maybe a select scene.
  3. It now shows up in my "in-progress" list but with a check mark also. 
How do i get that item out of my "in-progress" list without removing the fully watched check mark?

Going off the111 response; i thought i could remove the condition statement around the "mark as watched" that may solve my problem, but I've sifted through the estuary xml's and cant seem to find it... its using a generic context menu xml im assuming?

Any pointers?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to have both Mark as Watched and Unwatched on Home items?0