What in FRAK is banned?
I just posted a problem about not being able to remove shows from my favorites and minutes later my posting is removed saying it was in violation. It stated I had two add-on violations and no support is given. Does that mean the removing shows from favorites is not supported?
What's banned? Kodi update to 17.3? FireTVstick? Or just plain help since there is no clear set of instructions on how to do it yourself?
(2017-06-13, 17:58)wildbilln Wrote: Ares and MetallicQ.
They gave you a link so you know what is banned
http://kodi.wiki/view/banned%20addons
You also talk about Ares (banned) and metalicQ (also banned).
Read the rules and you will know what is banned and what is acceptable content.
Thanks. But I wasn't asking about either of those two. They are the only options given to me when I pressed the button to find the remove option. I don't care about Ares or MetallicQ. So, since I made the mistake of mentioning them then there is no support offer on getting Kodi to work correctly, am I right? No help to remove the shows from Kodi's favorites?
BTW, I checked twice and only saw Ares listed.
The only sensible thing for you to do now is completely remove your current install and reinstall from the sources you find in the download section here.

Since you say you dont care about these addons that ruin your installation thats the proper thing to do imo.
A clean Kodi install will probably not show any issue for you.

Good luck
Thanks for the info. Not sure how to do that, though. Is there some place I can go to get that info? Also, what download section?
It sounds highly likely you have an unofficial Kodi install which is causing the problems which is why you'll only get help by restarting using an official build.
(2017-06-13, 18:35)wildbilln Wrote: Thanks for the info. Not sure how to do that, though. Is there some place I can go to get that info? Also, what download section?

The one at the top of the forum.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Fire_TV
It helps with tracking down a solution to a problem by getting to a known clean state. Since Ares is a 3rd-party addon, it is an unknown whether it could be a factor in the issue you're having. By removing it, you eliminate the possibility that it could be related, and it would help narrow down where developers / staff / mods / other users have to look to try to track down a solution.

edit: tree'd. I type too slow.
It doesn't matter. If you have ANY banned addons you don't get support here.
Thank you for your help. It was more than I got from my original posting. Instead I got a form letter in one reply that didn't make since.

BTW, is there a way to delete unwanted addons?
The best way is to Nuke your Kodi and start with a fresh download from the download page of this site.
(2017-06-13, 18:44)wildbilln Wrote: Thank you for your help. It was more than I got from my original posting. Instead I got a form letter in one reply that didn't make since.

BTW, is there a way to delete unwanted addons?
That could have been easily avoided by reading the rules you agreed to when registering.
Anyway, you got your answers a few times over in this thread. You will be fine...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What in FRAK is banned?0