Win Why is Kodi never patched of bug fixed?
Ive been using xbmc/kodi for like 15 years and never had a problem with any past xbmc version but soon as kodi came out, it's just been this buggy mess. I have a very high end pc, nearly the best you can buy, a year ago it was the best you can buy.. and kodi can't even keep up with typing very well. everytime i tried typing baywatch, it won't recognize my keyboard letter c every single time i type it. if i type on anything else, I have no problem. I've had kodi not close properly countless times where I have to kill it with task manager just to restart it again. I just use kodi for plugins and everytime I try to cancel anything it lags for like 10 seconds for no reason. this happens with kodi on my phone or other devices too so its completely absurd you havent fixed this yet because its existed foreeeeeeeever. FIX YOUR BUGS!!!

why is kodi never patch or** bug fixed?
It is unclear whether this is just an inconsiderate rant, or you would actually like some assistance.

If you would like some assistance, then follow the guidelines on how to post about a problem... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1707470

I would be interested in seeing the specs for your pc which was nearly the best money can buy.

You don't mention what version Kodi or Windows you are using.

And don't forget to provide that all important debug log.

Are we talking about Baywatch the TV Series or Baywatch the new release block buster movie?

I eagerly await your response.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You have joined this community and the attitude of your first post leaves much to be desired. You have posted in the support section of the forum which implies you are looking for support with your issues. This is a two-way process and to qualify for support you should provide some basic information and technical details about your hardware / software installation. If however you have just come here to rant then I can move this conversation to the discussions section.

Regarding your "complaints", how many of these "bugs" have you submitted reports for? You can do this via https://trac.kodi.tv/

You seem to have neglected to provide a link to your Debug log (wiki) which provides essential information that can help analyse issues.

That fact that you "just use Kodi for plugins" might also be a factor. Perhaps you have installed add-ons that we consider Banned addons (wiki) that violate our Piracy policy (wiki) and also interfere / modify the general core operation of Kodi and cause a lot of these perceived bugs? If this is the case unfortunately your installation does not qualify for any support on this forum.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
You haven't been able to post a proper description of your probs with Kodi since its first release?
Honestly?
Guess you missed 15.1, 15.2, 16.1, 17.1, 17.2, & 17.3 which were all purely bug fix releases.

However since you only use Kodi for the Add-ons then I suspect all your complaints have nothing to do with bugs in the Kodi code, what you describe is almost certainly down to the code quality of the Add-ons you use. If you use Add-ons from outside of the Official repo then there is no control over their code quality or what they do on your system, some of these Add-ons known to carry some very bad coding practices.
I'd love to see a log file from this guy, you could almost guarantee he's using one of those stupid 'builds' which has screwed his keymap up.
Yes, I think we are all eagerly awaiting his response. Pretty sure it will never come.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sounds like maybe the key logging addon that came free with his build might be causing a delay..
Quote:Ive been using xbmc/kodi for like 15 years
After enjoying hard work by others and this is your first message....! Get a grip, millions of users enjoy what you seem to be missing. If your post is a reflection of your judgment, you paid too much for your computer.

Let's have a proper debug log posted to a public pastebin with that URL linked back to this thread, and we'll see what kind of house cleaning we need to do, or should we just call pest control?

Bet you don't even have a Kodi T-Shirt!
Every time you type baywatch.......you only use it for the plugins.....USER ERROR.
(2017-06-14, 09:43)Dangelus Wrote: You have joined this community and the attitude of your first post leaves much to be desired. You have posted in the support section of the forum which implies you are looking for support with your issues. This is a two-way process and to qualify for support you should provide some basic information and technical details about your hardware / software installation. If however you have just come here to rant then I can move this conversation to the discussions section.

I haven't come to the forums much in a year and I've been using Kodi since it was called XBMP.
I even waited till 17.3 before trying a new version, I skipped 16 entirely due to how things were being rolled out.
There's still very simple fundamental bugs going on, in the very least his point has some merit.

Wish testing could be scripted for some simple functions before a build goes final.
(I feel like 99% of people doing nightly testing, upgrade their existing install, see it plays a movie "ok fine!". Sadly no,....
A fresh install in a VM, adding a path and then setting a media type, scanning, playing and I dunno isntalling an addon? THAT's a suitable test for a new build) ....
Please do so, we would love to have your help.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
@AbRASiON,

The testing is open to anyone and everyone. You are more than welcome. In fact you are urged to assist. The Team is currently working on v18. Will you assist in the testing? or will you complain next year?

As for the OP's comments having merit. I don't even know what his points are. Maybe you can clarify them for all of us.
My Signature
(2017-06-15, 03:52)Karellen Wrote: or will you complain next year?

And that's the exact kind of reason I stopped bothering trying to help here over the last decade.
(2017-06-15, 03:36)AbRASiON Wrote:
(2017-06-14, 09:43)Dangelus Wrote: You have joined this community and the attitude of your first post leaves much to be desired. You have posted in the support section of the forum which implies you are looking for support with your issues. This is a two-way process and to qualify for support you should provide some basic information and technical details about your hardware / software installation. If however you have just come here to rant then I can move this conversation to the discussions section.

I haven't come to the forums much in a year and I've been using Kodi since it was called XBMP.
I even waited till 17.3 before trying a new version, I skipped 16 entirely due to how things were being rolled out.
There's still very simple fundamental bugs going on, in the very least his point has some merit.

Wish testing could be scripted for some simple functions before a build goes final.
(I feel like 99% of people doing nightly testing, upgrade their existing install, see it plays a movie "ok fine!". Sadly no,....
A fresh install in a VM, adding a path and then setting a media type, scanning, playing and I dunno isntalling an addon? THAT's a suitable test for a new build) ....

And just like a majority of kodi user, you just upgrade when there is a new major update and then complain about bugs

Those who use nightlies are far from being the majority
So there is a huge risk that all use case will not be covered (and also all hardware)

And about your "suitable test": all of what you have listed works for me

It seems you have bugs that are there for a long time so here is my advice: create a thread and provide as much info as possible to help fixing them
Moanbag is in da place!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is Kodi never patched of bug fixed?0