Win Why is Kodi never patched of bug fixed?
Sure dude - but that's just a directory listing of the contents, not the log itself.
(2017-06-15, 11:41)AbRASiON Wrote: Faulting application name: kodi.exe, version: 17.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x5925f940
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x58256ca0

So we have 2 possible culprit:
-kodi
-something with your windows install

And the second one is the more interesting: I said earlier that kodi could not be tested on all hardware variation but it is also the same with all different OS

Sometime, windows can be reallly funny

Just look yourself on the forum for kodi 17.3 crash on windows 10
Hard to find what's wrong when other peoples, me included, have the same kodi release running on windows 10 without a single crash

Or just look at the issue that happened not so long ago for some windows 7 user: turned out to be some badly installed windows update

The list could be long: kodi (yeah it could be him), bad driver install, bad update of windows, windows file compromised
Moanbag is in da place!
Well I'm trying to resurface the error, see if we can't make the thread useful after all, but having issues with it.
(2017-06-15, 14:06)AbRASiON Wrote: Well I'm trying to resurface the error, see if we can't make the thread useful after all, but having issues with it.
Please post in a new thread, with the proper debug log (wiki) and a short description of the issue.
Although I feel ya abrasion, this was just the wrong post to tag your frustrations in. Not sure why this is continuing. Did ANYONE read what the OP posted and MY first comment? He has banned addons. Plain and simple. Anything he says is based off user error.
Not playing anything Baywatch related would be a great feature. Gets my vote.
AFAIK, when a program crashes in ntdll.dll it's from something like an illegal kernel call. No way to ts without stack or crashlog data.

scott s.
(2017-06-15, 18:11)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Although I feel ya abrasion, this was just the wrong post to tag your frustrations in. Not sure why this is continuing. Did ANYONE read what the OP posted and MY first comment? He has banned addons. Plain and simple. Anything he says is based off user error.

To be utterly clear in this thread, the reason I'm frustrated, is because EVERY upgrade of Kodi is never simple for me, I need to fiddle and mess around. I then need to provide pretty detailed information on it, on this forum and logs and it's time consuming.
and ok sure, things go wrong, software has bugs.

So this time, I was a bit more old fashioned and patient. I waited from 15.2 to 17.3, which should surely be smooth as heck.
Sadly, not the case.

My initial install of 17.3 had problems and now, after removing everything, re-installing everything - my 'install addons = crash' bug is gone but I am left with a different bug (which I'm going to have to document, sadly - time consuming)

I like the software, I like helping - but sometimes I'd like to not feel like I hit a block every darn time.
Yes, i'll make a new thread.
@AbRASiON If you want an awesome Kodi experience, then don't install on Windows, unless you know all the in's and out's of troubleshooting Window's issues. And, yes, it is Window's issues that are mostly causing problems.

Going from 15.2 to 17.3 is a big jump, and there are lots of new features. But there are also lots of old plugin's, App's, etc that are no longer supported. So the best advice, is not to upgrade your install, but to install fresh to test it out first. Please look at the Portable install of Kodi (http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode) it's an easy way to test the new kodi without messing up your old version.

Also, most users don't update the drivers on their PC's and think well it's worked so far without any issues. This is incorrect. You need to, at the minimum, update your Graphics drivers, and Sound drivers (and possible your Motherboard, Bios, Chipset drivers as well).

Bringing your system up to date can make upgrades of new software, less painful. Plus, if you find your hardware no longer has newer drivers, then it might be time to get something more up to date.

I've seen tons of people posting issues with Windows 10, that have only Microsoft's drivers installed (you know, the stripped down versions that come with every new Microsoft OS). So search for updated Windows 10 drivers for your Hardware. And again, if your hardware doesn't have any, it might be time for an upgrade.

Just some tips, hope they help you out a bit.
Or install libreelec Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is Kodi never patched of bug fixed?0