Kodi 18 - Mark as watched/Mark as unwatched issue outside of library

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gracus Online
Moanbag
Just to know if there is a last chance to fix this, I retry portable mode

Here is what I did:

-install latest kodi 64-bits nightly in portable mode (only the installation path has been changed during installation)
-open kodi
-add the "clip" folder as source with content type set to "none"
-put on debug logging
-close kodi

At this point, I'm ready for testing:

-open kodi
-access my source through the "video" section (don't forget that the cotent type of this source is "none")
-start playback of one of the video
-seek to the middle of the file
-stop playback

At this point, the file is marked as "in progress":
[Image: 170619120648352399.png]

I then try to use the context menu and select "mark as watched" but the file still appear as "in progress":
[Image: 170619120648557090.png]

BUT if I open again the context menu, I now have the option "marked as unwatched" which should tell that the file has been marked as watched:
[Image: 170619120648161314.png]

You can even see I still have the option to resume playback...

Here is the log (should not show anything more than the previous one: https://pastebin.com/0rW6DTBj

Moanbag is in da place!
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-18 23:54 by Gracus.)
find quote
PatK Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Ok ya got me....

Quote:(don't forget that the cotent type of this source is "none")

I missed the trick of adding a source, with no content type set. I get a partial the file is marked as "in progress" but the image in T! offers more than one look as to indicate 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 Note: I checked all this behaviour with both Estuary and T!, so it's not skin exclusive.

Both unwatched and watched are ineffective. So I'm pretty close to replication of your issue. Changing the content to movies, then indicate local scraper and no scrape, brings on the partial indicator but overlays the check mark on the partial for watched. (yes two icons over top each other) , marked as unwatched, the partial icon remains. As noted, all this works as designed in library mode or file mode if the source is specified. Suspect some sort of cache or video cache fetch (could be gfx card mem related).

[Image: JNtIcKk.jpg]

Suggestion: If you're determined to use Kodi as a stand-alone media player without the library, just use windows explorer with the 'open with' method or better still explore the add-on 'Last Played'. Personally, I don't regard this as a hard bug, nothing I would dare put in the bugtracker, we have bigger fish to fry ATM.

windows fresh start -> delete C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi First time user (wiki) Log file (wiki) Video management (wiki) Artwork (wiki) Supported hardware (wiki) Releases (wiki) Database versions (wiki) Skin features compatibility list (wiki) http://xbmc-skins.com
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-19 02:56 by PatK.)
find quote
Gracus Online
Moanbag
Not a killer bug for me neither

I use library mode for all my movies/TVshow/music

Just got one or two folder with content type set to none because it is either personnal video or some music video that absolutly no scraper will have info about

Just a guess: in file mode, marking as watched or marking as unwatched does not delete the "in progress" info from wherever kodi store those

So just take a little time to look at it when it will be possible

Moanbag is in da place!
find quote