Solved Mark as watched/Mark as unwatched issue outside of library
Hi,

Just got a llittle issue with latest kodi 18 nightly and mark as watched/mark as unwatched

First, I want to say that it works in library mode. The issue is outside of the library mode

As you can see on this screenshot, I got an "in progress file":

Then i use the context menu to mark it as watched:

But the file is still shown as "in progress":

It come to my mind that I just have to try again but this time I only have "mark as unwatched" that indicate that the file IS mark as watched:

So I try mark as unwatched but that does not seem to work either:

The file is still shown as "in progress"

Here is the log file when i made all those test: https://pastebin.com/FTpdmiJy

Do not know if it is a kodi issue or an estuary issue so feel free to move this thread if needed
Moanbag is in da place!
Utilizing KodiSetup-20170612-540a0c7e9d-master-x64 and the Estuary skin. I couldn't replicate your issue. The interface reports watched & unwatched status immediately. Tried it with Transparency! skin and it again worked as designed. Although interesting enough, is that the context menu brings more options (10 to be exact, but a few are associated with add-ons). Wondering how you choose your TV, is it through the front button or a smart playlist?
Just make some more test with the same nightly than the one you use:

If the file is marked as watched -> marking it as unwatched work

If the file is marked as unwatched -> marking it as watched work

If the file is marked as in progress -> does not work

Probably again something with one of the addons I have but I clearly do not know which one could mess with this kodi function...

Btw, never use playlist myself
Moanbag is in da place!
just an idiot's guess here:

could this simply be due to the fact, that there is only one "button" to display the file's state (watched, unwatched, in progress) and out of those three "in progress" has the highest priority? what happens if you finish watching the Supernatural Parody? does the list show the correct state?
(2017-06-14, 17:21)hansl Wrote: just an idiot's guess here:

could this simply be due to the fact, that there is only one "button" to display the file's state (watched, unwatched, in progress) and out of those three "in progress" has the highest priority? what happens if you finish watching the Supernatural Parody? does the list show the correct state?

Yep!
It then show the correct watched state (and marking it as unwatched will work)

Just try with a clean portable install with no other addons -> issue still there
So, if it comes from an addon then it comes from one that is a part of the kodi installer
Moanbag is in da place!
but if my guess is right, I don't see an issue here... you are browsing a folder of your local collection in file mode, right? what would be the expected behavior?

as I see it, the list is working as intended: we have one "light bulb" to indicate status. In progress always takes precedence over watched and unwatched.

However, I have the feeling I'm completely missing your point Gracus Smile
(2017-06-14, 17:36)hansl Wrote: but if my guess is right, I don't see an issue here... you are browsing a folder of your local collection in file mode, right? what would be the expected behavior?

as I see it, the list is working as intended: we have one "light bulb" to indicate status. In progress always takes precedence over watched and unwatched.

However, I have the feeling I'm completely missing your point Gracus Smile

I thought it should have work the same way than library: if you try to mark an "in progress" movie as watched in library then the file appear as watched and the "in progress" state is removed
Moanbag is in da place!
doesn't that depend on the skin? I think I remember that my Arctic:Zephyr showed both, in progress and (un)watched.

anyway, the answer to your question is not for me to decide, but at least I now understand what you meant Wink

cheers
Re-did the operation (in both file mode and library mode)

If the file is marked as in progress -> works as expected

Postulation: The issue maybe the way your system is handling cache, or some issue with your library. Best test might be minimal portable install, one source that has been independently scraped with few listings, after a fresh reboot with debug log on (that would eliminate the library issue). Just remembered... you're using suspect = skin.estuary.modv2
(2017-06-14, 17:48)PatK Wrote: Re-did the operation (in both file mode and library mode)

If the file is marked as in progress -> works as expected

Postulation: The issue maybe the way your system is handling cache, or some issue with your library. Best test might be minimal portable install, one source that has been independently scraped with few listings, after a fresh reboot with debug log on (that would eliminate the library issue). Just remembered... you're using suspect = skin.estuary.modv2

Already tried with a fresh portable install:

-no other addons that the ones that come from kodi installer (so no skin.estuary.modv2)
-"clip" folder added as source with content type to none (and absolutly no other media source added)

Result: as soon as a file is marked as in progress, trying to mark it as watched seems to be not reflected in kodi UI
Moanbag is in da place!
A little bump as this behaviour is still there in today's nightly
Moanbag is in da place!
Went through the effort with to-day's nightly, both T! and Esturary trying to replicate the issue as see from 1st post and didn't see this problem.
(2017-06-18, 18:27)PatK Wrote: Went through the effort with to-day's nightly, both T! and Esturary trying to replicate the issue as see from 1st post and didn't see this problem.

So probably an issue that come from nowhere

Thanks for the time you have spend on it
Moanbag is in da place!
I do believe you have a problem, It's not repeatable on this end... So it's a gremlin that has arrived either due to settings, or some interaction with your set-up. Again the best way of bringing these irritants to the fore is the portable install with basically everything stripped down, then to add your configuration and extras into the mix.
(2017-06-18, 19:44)PatK Wrote: I do believe you have a problem, It's not repeatable on this end... So it's a gremlin that has arrived either due to settings, or some interaction with your set-up. Again the best way of bringing these irritants to the fore is the portable install with basically everything stripped down, then to add your configuration and extras into the mix.

As said in post 10: already tried with portable mode with nothing else installed on top of it -> same issue

if a file is shown as "in progress" then "mark as watched" work in library mode but not in file mode
Moanbag is in da place!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark as watched/Mark as unwatched issue outside of library0