Kodi 17.3 crashes when installing addons using Windows 10 creator
Hello,

I have been having the same issue since Friday, I tried the fixes posted nothing worked. I tried earlier versions Krypton 17.2 and 17.1. I am still having the same issue. Whenever I try to install an addon I get an error. I tried Leia 18 64 Bit but it cannot the dependencies. I am at a lost. I have Windows 10, it is a new PC and everything is up to date.

Faulting application name: kodi.exe, version: 17.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x5925f940
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.15063.413, time stamp: 0xd4f9b4e4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0004169f
Faulting process id: 0x3170
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f4e926dcedf7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\kodi.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 1160717b-ed09-4593-a76b-80ff28d7fd73
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Here is the another log

https://pastebin.com/embed_js/FnjZEfnn
@rkersaint915

You forgot to enable debugging mode. Follow these instructions...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2572642
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Okay I enabled debugging and here is the log.

https://pastebin.com/embed_js/Adyktv2S
I found in another thread that a user solved his Kodi crashing problem by getting rid of McAfee antivirus on his system. As it happens I had McAfee on the laptop that I was having problems with Kodi. I deleted McAfee and Kodi is now working like a charm.
(2017-07-08, 23:54)bloop1000 Wrote: I found in another thread that a user solved his Kodi crashing problem by getting rid of McAfee antivirus on his system. As it happens I had McAfee on the laptop that I was having problems with Kodi. I deleted McAfee and Kodi is now working like a charm.

Yes I picked up on that solution as well a couple days ago.

It would be great if users experiencing problems could check this and report back if temporarily disabling McAfee does, indeed, solve the issue.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Big Grin 
Hi!

I just become a user because of my need to express my thanks. Thanks! This thread solved my issues with Kodi crashing on my brand new ASUS laptop with Windows 10.
I my case, I was unable to install anything at all, skins, subs, adds, you name it.
It just so happens that I have a 30 day trial with McAfee on my computer.

So I tried to temporary turn of the "Real-Time Scanning" for only 15 minutes.
And during that time, I was able to install OpenSubs and Aeon Nox skin for an example.
The skin installation chrashed at first, but after a second try it worked!

I did not need to uninstall the McAfee, just pause it for a while.
I have been struggeling the past two days now with this issue and was about to give in, but it finally got solved!

I really do hope that this will solve a lot of other users issues, as it did for me =)
@AmoKingyo,

Thank you for the feedback Smile
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.3 crashes when installing addons using Windows 10 creator1