v17 Librtmp
In the Kodi Wiki it says I should have the following.

Program Files (x86)/Kodi/system/players/dvdplayer/librtmp.dll

but I have

Program Files (x86)/Kodi/system/players/VideoPlayer......
then empty

Can somebody please tell me

1. Do I need librtmp.dll?

2. If so where can I get it?

3. How would the lack of it manifest itself on my system (NUC, W10 latest updates, 17.3)?

4. Why have I got VideoPlayer in place of dvdplayer?

Thank you in advance.
I guess the wiki page you visited isn't up with Krypton, but in Jarvis and Isengard you'll find librtmp.dll exactly where the wiki path points. But in Krypton, I get the same path result you do. Kodi v17 (Krypton) changelog (wiki) with a summery of the most important core features and notable functions as well as other notable changes to key areas of the application software or its user interface.

1) No unless you're running one of the older generations of Kodi

2) One of the older installs, but I wouldn't bother.

3) Might take up a few bytes.

4) VideoPlayer reflects the newer media solutions.

np.
(2017-06-16, 03:41)PatK Wrote: I guess the wiki page you visited isn't up with Krypton, but in Jarvis and Isengard you'll find librtmp.dll exactly where the wiki path points. But in Krypton, I get the same path result you do. Kodi v17 (Krypton) changelog (wiki) with a summery of the most important core features and notable functions as well as other notable changes to key areas of the application software or its user interface.

1) No unless you're running one of the older generations of Kodi

2) One of the older installs, but I wouldn't bother.

3) Might take up a few bytes.

4) VideoPlayer reflects the newer media solutions.

np.

Thank you indeed for your complete answer.

I shall bother about it no more.
Playback of rtmp steams was significantly changed during development of Krypton, the core code was change to the ffmpeg library so librtmp was removed from the core code, however as ffmpeg is not suitable for all rtmp stream librtmp is now included as a Add-on inputstream.rtmp so if you wish to use it you need to go to inputstream Add-ons and check it is enabled, or to check if install the path is /addons/inputputstream.rtmp within the folder Kodi is installed.
(2017-06-16, 13:20)jjd-uk Wrote: Playback of rtmp steams was significantly changed during development of Krypton, the core code was change to the ffmpeg library so librtmp was removed from the core code, however as ffmpeg is not suitable for all rtmp stream librtmp is now included as a Add-on inputstream.rtmp so if you wish to use it you need to go to inputstream Add-ons and check it is enabled, or to check if install the path is /addons/inputputstream.rtmp within the folder Kodi is installed.

Thank you very much for this further information, which I will explore immediately.
(2017-06-16, 14:20)JNRW Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 13:20)jjd-uk Wrote: Playback of rtmp steams was significantly changed during development of Krypton, the core code was change to the ffmpeg library so librtmp was removed from the core code, however as ffmpeg is not suitable for all rtmp stream librtmp is now included as a Add-on inputstream.rtmp so if you wish to use it you need to go to inputstream Add-ons and check it is enabled, or to check if install the path is /addons/inputputstream.rtmp within the folder Kodi is installed.

Thank you very much for this further information, which I will explore immediately.

Just checked. It's all there.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Librtmp0