Crash and Burn in Library and in File mode
Exclamation 
I have been experimenting with XBMC for the past week. I must say that so far it's been a one way love / hate relationship.

I wanted to get all the perks of using scrapers for my tv series, so first i applied it to my share: the TV folder; which looked like this:

TV Folder
- never.mind.the.buzzcocks.s21e09.pdtv.xvid-remax.avi
- lost.s04e03.hdtv.xvid-xor.avi

that didn't work at all, and then i read i had to do it like:

TV Folder
- never.mind.the.buzzcocks
- season 21
- never.mind.the.buzzcocks.s21e09.pdtv.xvid-remax.avi
- lost
- season 4
- lost.s04e03.hdtv.xvid-xor.avi

that worked, and i got the cute tv banners all populated, show info working etc.. but no listed shows in the "season" directories in library view.

i tried to set the tv folder to not use any scraper and all those other tricks but i never managed to see any episodes in library view.

after about 2 evenings of trying to fix this i simply wanted to completely remove XBMC and try it from scratch. i deleted the xbmc.app, and the XBMC folder in username/library/application support/xbmc

i then reinstalled xbmc 0.1.4 and readded the tv-shows share, set the content to thetvdb.com and let it refresh stuff from the db.

this time it worked perfectly, i was able to see the shows etc even in library mode; except as soon as i clicked on an episode, XBMC froze up for a couple of seconds and crashed. this isn't just in library mode but in file mode too...

are there some other files I need to remove before i run a fresh installment of xbmc? :confused:

//krux
From what I've found thus far is if it doesn't get scraped it won't appear in library view. I've been watching the changelogs and it looks like there will be changes to the way scrapes are done to help fix this.

Which type of files are crashing when you play them? All? I've had success with playing a number of different files from library and file mode with out any crashes thus far.

As for the actual crashing when playing the video files... That would require a crashlog (uploaded to http://pastie.caboo.se/) and I would suggest you file it as a bug report. That way the issue can be tracked (http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/newticket). Please make sure to include an E-mail address in the report so we can contact you for further information.
iordonez Wrote:As for the actual crashing when playing the video files... That would require a crashlog (uploaded to http://pastie.caboo.se/) and I would suggest you file it as a bug report. That way the issue can be tracked (http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/newticket). Please make sure to include an E-mail address in the report so we can contact you for further information.

Hi, after I had posted this I read that somewhere; as soon as I get a chance to play with xbmc again, i will do that. For me it crashes on all videos.. didn't try music or pictures though.
One thing to try, it's possible there is a video in your source that's corrupted.
1) Delete your current sources in XBMC and create a new source, put one file in the source (say lost.s04e03.hdtv.xvid-xor.avi).
2) Setup that source and just try and watch the movie.
3) If it work then add the scrapes.
4) If that works try bringing a chunk of files over.

Keep doing this until you see a crash.
HI All,

I should try and close this thread. I realized this was due to errors with my audio driver.

Tried to investigate this on my own properly last night, and realized as soon as i tried to touch the audio hardware settings in XBMC; it would crash.

I then reinstalled a proper driver for the sound, and now everything is working fine.

However some none English shows don't get populated with the right banner for tv mode, even some English shows get the nearest neighbor show picked.. whacked out videos was shown as MTV greatest video hits or something like that.. really annoying..

My non-English (Swedish) shows i did manually set content on / switched settings to "svenska" in the language, which eventually would populate the banner but break the link to the actual video. I am sure these are not OSX XBMC related but XBMC general problems.

Thanks to those of you who tried to help though.

Cheers,

Krux
Threads are not closed. They're just abandoned to be pushed into oblivion by the new threads.Smile
I think Scrape issues are more of a filename/XBMC issue. I've found I've had to rename some files to get them to display correctly in the scrapes, or at all in library mode. I saw some changes to the code recently related to scrapes so we'll see when that makes it into OSXBMC and how much of a change it will really make.

Also there are some excellent articles around here on how scrapes are done, etc. I'm not sure which thread it was here but someone wrote up a couple pages explanation of how they work, et.c
tried the online manual?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:tried the online manual?

That is so going in my new signature.
i have indeed read all the online xbmc manuals before i was able to get it working properly.. about naming, dir structure etc..

i have a thumbs folder in my movie folder for the movies that don't get covers, so i can manually add to the ones that don't get any.. Smile

cheers,

krux

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash and Burn in Library and in File mode0