How to play video without sound while listening to music
Hi, everyone,

Here's a weird question for you: would it be possible (and if so, how) to play music while watching video (movie, series, clip,whatever) with the video's sound track muted? Like watching TV with the sound off while playing a CD.

(And the answer to "Why on earth would anyone want to do something like that?" would be "To keep the wife happy.") Confused
No, not possible. The player can only play one thing, audio or video, at a time.

You can leave music playing and view pictures, until you hit a mp4 file in your photo folder, then the music stops and does not restart after the mp4 has finished.
OK, that tells me what I need to know. Tnx!
You could do this if you want to listen to music, watch "muted" Video
Play your music in another player, vlc or mplayer, wmp what ever, then mute the Video in Kodi.

Can be tricky sometimes to get sound from another player with Kodi open because it monopolizes the sound.
I have my 40 inch LCD connected to my PC and my 24 inch Gaming Screen and then send the Kodi window to my 40 inch and use my 24 inch for browsing web, at some point i forget Kodi is running because it has either minimized to the tray or screensaver is running.

I then try and play some video from Youtube or what ever but i get no sound, takes me a while to get my brain back "online" and realize Kodi is running in the Background.
Same if i have Kodi running on my 40 inch, and switch to my STB to watch TV while using my 24 screen for surfing, i try and play something but get no sound, takes me a little while to get the "ohh that's right Kodi is running in the Background"

But it is possible to get it to work, like that using another player.
I hope this makes sense to you i tried keeping my reply short and to the point.
If not drop a line and ill try to explain my rubbish better. Big Grin

Thank you
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to play video without sound while listening to music0