Solved Issue - How to deactivate videos playing in background

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nexus7 Offline
Hi, I would like to know, if there is any opportunity in Krypton to stop a video, when leaving it with the back button of my AndroidTV remote.
So is there a way in Kodi to deactivate videos playing in the background.
I´m used to this behaviour from SPMC and it would be great if I could use it that way in Kodi too.
find quote
DarrenHill Offline
Team-Kodi Minion
You could perhaps edit the back key action to stop in that window using the keymap editor addon.

| Banned add-ons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki) | Free Movies/TV Shows
find quote
nexus7 Offline
Thank you. I didn´t know that addon. Are you familiar with the "synthax" of this editor?
So, when I define the back key action, can I combine stop + back?
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-20 15:05 by nexus7.)
find quote
DarrenHill Offline
Team-Kodi Minion
Not very familiar - I used it when I first set up my main pi to setup a context menu key, but that was a while ago.

You don't need stop+back though, as if you do the playback it will go back to the menu anyway (ie do what you want).

Give it a go, and if you need support the addons thread is here .

| Banned add-ons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki) | Free Movies/TV Shows
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-15 20:46 by DarrenHill.)
find quote
Jeffers24 Offline
Fan
(2017-06-15 19:36)nexus7 Wrote:  Hi, I would like to know, if there is any opportunity in Krypton to stop a video, when leaving it with the back button of my AndroidTV remote.
So is there a way in Kodi to deactivate videos playing in the background.
I´m used to this behaviour from SPMC and it would be great if I could use it that way in Kodi too.

If you have a keyboard pressing the X key will stop play
find quote
nickr Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Just press stop on your remote.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thank user' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "Thank you" button.)
find quote
nexus7 Offline
It´s working quite intuitive without any "synthax" needed. Just pressing the wanted button on the remote as you said...
THX to all!
find quote