VPN Scams and Addon Site Disappearances
Warning: Talks about banned addons, sites, devs but is incredibly insightful and might save someone being scammed.

Be Informed. Stay Safe. Keep away from the bad guys.

This is an seriously open video about the murky world of vpns, advertising and addon hosting sites.
It is very controvertial and seems to be taken down everywhere it appears.

It seems like there is another reason for some of the major addon site takedowns that is not just due to the Dish law suit.

Original YouTube Title:
"Kodi Com News Vid On WiredVPN/MySafeVpn/Offsidestreams/Server Scams and now streamaddons scam an more"
[link removed]
Hmmmm well I could have told you several years ago the people mentioned in that video were scammers. A couple of friends of mine used the streaming service mentioned then suddenly the site had their PayPal account cancelled and were accepting credit card details, I tried to warn my friends that they were handing their details over to criminals but got the reply its ok its a secure HTTPS connection! Guess what happened to my friends cards in the next 9-12 months?
I've been out of touch with the 3rd party addon scene for quite a while but its no surprise to me these guys have branched out into reselling VPN connections as court ordered website blocks are becoming the norm in my country and VPN usage is becoming de rigueur if you are desperate enough to use Kodi for copyright infringement,
and its also no surprise that this video confirms a certain narcissist that is banned from this site used to be in cahoots with them!

I'm no angel and have fractured the odd copyright law or two in the past but I'm glad I gave up on 3rd party Kodi addons as soon as foolish individuals decided it was a good idea to make money from Kodi piracy, its plain to see that "scene" has become the wild west!
I found the video rather laughable.

It started off as something to warn people about rip off merchants and then, towards the end of the video, mentions how a particular person just posted to say that they were not going to join this or that group, as if they were some kind of person to be lauded with appreciation.

The irony here being that this person themselves creates a repo that allows people to stream illegal material.

Now that is just plain dumb because the one thing that ended up being Smash(ed), was the video posters own integrity.
The thing that I found enlightening was the amount of money involved in all this.
I don't think most of us hobby devs really understand what is involved.
The addon sites swear they only make enough to cover their server costs.
While I don't doubt the honourable intention behind this thread, that youtube link just contains too much junk in it's description. We can't allow that to be indexed and promoted from this forum so I've removed the link.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2017-06-16, 20:43)Dangelus Wrote: While I don't doubt the honourable intention behind this thread, that youtube link just contains too much junk in it's description. We can't allow that to be indexed and promoted from this forum so I've removed the link.

Do you mind if I mention which vpn providers were mentioned?

The point of the post is to show that there is at least one known serial vpn scammer out there and people should be wary.
(2017-06-16, 21:00)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 20:43)Dangelus Wrote: While I don't doubt the honourable intention behind this thread, that youtube link just contains too much junk in it's description. We can't allow that to be indexed and promoted from this forum so I've removed the link.

The point of the post is to show that there is at least one known serial vpn scammer out there and people should be wary.

Sure, provide the information in that context then I suggest we close the thread. We don't want this turning in a recommendation for VPNs thread.
(2017-06-16, 21:08)Dangelus Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 21:00)primaeval Wrote:

Sure, provide the information in that context then I suggest we close the thread. We don't want this turning in a recommendation for VPNs thread.

Thanks.

I've added the original title in the first post so people can look it up.

Kodi users aren't generally the ones that can afford to lose a lot of money to a scammer. I hope this helps.
No problem. Closing the thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VPN Scams and Addon Site Disappearances0