Which version runs best on your system? DirectX or OpenGL?
On my system, the main XBMC gui in the SDL OpenGL version uses much more system resources than the DirectX version.

DirectX - roughly 2-5% CPU

OpenGL - about 30% CPU

Video playback though makes no difference on the systems resources with either version but it does seem to work and look better on the OpenGL.

I know it is still early in the development and I'm not really looking for a solution at this point, I was just hoping for something to talk about in here while we wait. Smile
and this has NOTHING to do with dx vs ogl.

this has everything to do with xbmc_pc being very much limited in its fps while the ogl version not being limited
Indeed like the "Grumpy Bastard Developer" said the directx version has a bunch of wait calls that are crippleing its framerate so its useable and nobody has probably even looked into it for the sdl version
I suggest you turn on debug logging and look at the FPS in the debug info
Ahh, okay. That makes sense. I was wondering if maybe my video card was offloading one and not the other. I just turned on the debug info and the sdl version is at 59.9, while the directx shows 100.0.
FYI; the SDL/OpenGL version will be the only "XBMC for Windows" that Team-XBMC supports Nod

The DirectX version that builds from the SVN trunk will only ever be for skin/python development!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:FYI; the SDL/OpenGL version will be the only "XBMC for Windows" that Team-XBMC supports Nod

That's why we try to get our hands on some recent SDL build Smile
Gamester17 Wrote:FYI; the SDL/OpenGL version will be the only "XBMC for Windows" that Team-XBMC supports Nod
Notice the "will be" though, Team-XBMC do not get offer end-user support/help for it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
LaTropa64
PLS give me link to DirectX version.
I think the DirectX version was the one that came in the T3CH releases
jaredharley Wrote:I think the DirectX version was the one that came in the T3CH releases

yes it is
It would be wise to rename the new xbmc_pc.exe to xbmc_sdl.exe or something simillar to end the confusion about the two exeConfused
it would be nice.

anyway I've tried both
XBMC-SVN_2008-02-24_rev11787-T3CH
XBMC_PC_CW9

and they both show me the videos in B&W.

On the other side the T3CH when I choose video sometimes crashes.
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which version runs best on your system? DirectX or OpenGL?0