Files (library source) paths disapear, contents remain.... 17.3
Windows 10 - latest latest updates, June 2017
Kodi 17.3 Final
"Server version: 5.7.18-log MySQL Community Server (GPL)"
Fresh config - no imported stuff except some very mild things in advanced settings.xml
(pastebin regardless: https://pastebin.com/8XMeTC0r )

Video of this, you can clearly see content on my system, you can clearly see no folders / files config in the "videos / files" area.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9b9ncbn39xpnbf.....mp4?dl=0

Pastebin of Debug log, I don't even care if my passwords are in there at this point.
https://pastebin.com/kCDujeAQ

Also note: manually adding a new files entry for library source, works, then upon close / re-open, it's missing.

EDIT: This is my fault - trying to (finally) clean up my HTPC, I renamed the XBMC windows account to "Kodi" -and fixed my profile directory too, meaning a manual redirect of the sources.xml file was causing the problem.
NOTE: Only addons installed
Universal Movie Scraper (I could have sworn this was "the" defacto one to use for some reason, why I don't know - but I remember people claiming it works better or handles IMDB calls, better than the real IMDB scraper?)
OpenSubtitles.
Trakt.TV

That's it - oh and I've installed (and reverted) Aeon Nox 5.
Oh and for what it's worth, one compliment about 17.3 - I'm almost positive the scanning process is vastly faster than it used to be. Dunno if it's multi-threaded or what - but it's working quite fast.
Just a note - when using MySQL you don't need to have sources configured on each system. So the presence of metadata doesn't imply that there must be sources set up on your system. They could have been scraped to your MySQL database by another client, or by this machine by a previous installation of kodi.

But if you have defined them on your system they should stay there.

How are you exiting Kodi? Cleanly, or just killing it?

What does your sources.xml file tell you? (it is userdata (wiki) )
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-18, 06:15)nickr Wrote: Just a note - when using MySQL you don't need to have sources configured on each system. So the presence of metadata doesn't imply that there must be sources set up on your system. They could have been scraped to your MySQL database by another client, or by this machine by a previous installation of kodi.

But if you have defined them on your system they should stay there.

How are you exiting Kodi? Cleanly, or just killing it?

What does your sources.xml file tell you? (it is userdata (wiki) )

For the short time being, this is the only Kodi machine in the house, so (I guess?) it does need sources configured to ensure the library is up to date / correct.
(Note: It was a fresh library that was created, new MySQL install, new clean database entierely)

Clean exit of Kodi.

You seem to have nailed the problem in one.................. there IS no sources.xml in the Kodi directory oh...... I know why - this is my fault.
Let me double check some stuff, sorry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files (library source) paths disapear, contents remain.... 17.30