Solved Shortcut to be used in the search result to add a movie to the favorites?
How could one create a shortcut to be used in the search result (wndow) to add a movie to the favorites?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
You can create a shortcut easily enough with the context menu and add to favourites, but for a favourite to show up in the search results is not possible. The search only looks in the library for results. You could use tags or something like smart playlists, make that a favourite. Really need a little more information on what you want to do, and your expectations.
I just want search for a special movie and when Kodi has found it I want to add that movie to the favorites to watch it at another time.

I could achieve that by clicking that movie in the search results to be shown in the movie list and then add it to the favorites by clicking "Add to favorites" in the context menu, but I just want to save this single step.
Investigate this: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=310752
Many thanks for the link,

Yes, looks quite interesting. I am not even able to figure out its name, respectively I cannot find anything like "context menu manage tags" in the repo to install it...ah, now I have found it, obviously, will try it.

In the search results does not seem to appear a context menu but it might be useful anyway.

Many thanks again
After you install it, look for the 'Tags' item in the management menu. Should be available in the repository under 'context menus' as manage tags. Create a 'first tag' called 'Must_Watch', and put one entry into it.... then perusing your collection, the context menu will allow you to enter any movie into that tag. Link tags as a favourite etc.
Ah yes, that is the answer to the question I just asked in that conext menu forum. Thank you.

Yes, I had looked there before, there is an item "Management" or such leading to:

"Link zu Serie" (Link to seriers or so), you can link from a movie to a series? Do not know what it is good for. "Manage movie collection", "Remove", "Rename" and so. Any idea how to use it.

Such a tags item I could not find.
You would have to have installed the add-on "manage tags" if you have done that and fail to see the menu item, this would be something to report to the add-on thread. (note: I believe you will NOT see this menu in 'file mode')

My management menu in English:-

Edit title (change the name of the title)
Edit sort title (change the title for sorts)
Link to TV show (links the movie to a TV series - puts a copy with the TV series)
Manage Movie Set (allows you to add movies to a boxed set; e.g Starwars, Starwars 2, Starwars 3 etc.)
Remove from Libray (self-explanatory)
Tags (this one menu item we are talking about, it opens up a browser for you to add to your tag collection)
Quote:You would have to have installed the add-on "manage tags" if you have done that and fail to see the menu item, this would be something to report to the add-on thread. (note: I believe you will NOT see this menu in 'file mode')
I have installed this (from that page you gave me the link to):
I did not install anythig else.

Quote:My management menu in English:-

Edit title (change the name of the title)
Edit sort title (change the title for sorts)
Link to TV show (links the movie to a TV series - puts a copy with the TV series)
Manage Movie Set (allows you to add movies to a boxed set; e.g Starwars, Starwars 2, Starwars 3 etc.)
Remove from Libray (self-explanatory)
Tags (this one menu item we are talking about, it opens up a browser for you to add to your tag collection)

Thank you, yes the same with me, besides of the last item ("Tags"), that is missing.

...wait, suddenly it is shown, "Tags" now is available, very strange, do not know what is different now to what I did before. Yes, in file mode the entire menu is not shown, not only "Tags".

And now I obviously can assign those tags to movies, series and search for such movies with those tags in "Library" and may be create new tags...ah yes, in "Tags" ("Library") I can create new tags, even add them to the favorites. That's very good.
Thread marked solved.
Yes, the add on does not appear to let add items in the search results, but it is useful.

Very good idea, many thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shortcut to be used in the search result to add a movie to the favorites?0