Upgraded Kodi from 16.x to 17.3, now no audio from MP
Hi all,

I've been using Kodi and MediaPortal for years with no issues. I just upgraded from 16.x to 17.3, re-enabled the MP addon, and live TV now has no audio! I get audio fine from other sources (Movies, etc)...even DTS. I also fired up the MP app itself, and have audio fine there as well.

I'm not sure what else to look at here. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas what to try?

Thank you so much for your time!
Chris
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
On it. Thanks for the link.
Ok, here is the debug file:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/24997640/

I start up the PVR at line 2190, and the only thing that looks wrong to me after that is this:

11:50:43.963 T:1892 DEBUG: CAESinkDirectSound::Initialize: Initializing DirectSound with the following parameters:
11:50:43.963 T:1892 DEBUG: Audio Device : Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

I used to use an optical cable from my PC to receiver, but I have changed that to not use optical, just pass the audio over my HDMI cable. I'll double check the settings for Audio, but it's weird to me that audio passes fine from the HDMI to receiver when I play a movie, and play old recorded TV shows, just nothing live or newly recorded.

Much appreciated any suggestions for things to look at.
Thanks for the help.
Chris
Sooo. Stupid user error apparently. I checked the audio settings in Kodi, and it was set to the optical device. How movies were getting audio is a mystery though. Smile

Now I get DTS fine on movies, still. I do get audio from live TV now as well, however it's just "PCM", not 5.1 like the stream shows it should be. Here's another log showing both the DTS movie working, and the TV stream only doing PCM.

Again, I'm sure it's just an audio setting, but I'm not sure which.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/24997901/

Many thanks.
Chris
Well, so today is the day I fix all my own problems. I found that setting the audio device to the WASAPI version of the HDMI audio device for both the main and passthrough device is the magic setting that gets everything working Smile

Consider this topic resolved!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded Kodi from 16.x to 17.3, now no audio from MP0