Userdata folder deleted
Completely deleted/uninstalled Kodi Jarvis from Windows 10 computer, including C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi and %APPDATA%\kodi\, for a fresh install of Kodi Krypton.
After a full installation of Krypton, I realized the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi and %APPDATA%\kodi\ folders and subfolders were not created.
I never did a backup of these folders, since the whole point was to get a fresh reinstall of the latest version of Kodi.
How can I recover them?
The program runs normally, however, after installing some addons, I realized they're not running properly.

[edit] title case sensitivity.
Did you do the fresh install from a download from our website, or via the windows 10 appstore? (The appstore paths are different).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-19, 01:58)nickr Wrote: Did you do the fresh install from a download from our website, or via the windows 10 appstore? (The appstore paths are different).

Hi, thanks for the reply!

I downloaded it from the website
%APPDATA%\kodi should be created on first run of kodi.

A debug log (wiki) will tell us where kodi is storing it's userdata then.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-19, 02:08)nickr Wrote: %APPDATA%\kodi should be created on first run of kodi.

A debug log (wiki) will tell us where kodi is storing it's userdata then.

Apparently, the Kodi folder was sent to C:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume3\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Roaming and I managed to move the contents to %APPDATA%\kodi. However, C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi is still nowhere to be found.
C:\VTRoot I have never heard of before, but googling vtroot comes up with some ideas of what is happening.
Yeah, I've found several links on how to disable VTRoot so installs don't go there. It's probably got something to do with Comodo sandboxing the install or perhaps admin privileges. Thanks for your help, anyway!

EDIT: Turns out, the main Kodi folder that's supposed to be in C:\Program Files (x86) was also being sent to C:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume3\, which has its own \Program Files (x86)\ folder and everything. So, lesson learned: disable Comodo before install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Userdata folder deleted0