Network-booting multiple RPi3 with Kodi
I want to boot multiple RPI3 with libreelec. At the moment i have one system runing raspian booting without problems.
i used the tutorial from the raspberry foundation but now i stuck because my raspberry is not finding the root-folder of libreelec. I think he is reading the kernel but then it ends with the recovery-console.

my cmdfile:
dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=serial0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.0.8:/tftpboot/7a1ea6ba/ rw ip=dhcp rootwait elevator=deadline

nfsroot=192.168.0.8:/tftpboot/7a1ea6ba/ content:
bcm2708-rpi-0-w.dtb bcm2709-rpi-2-b.dtb bcm2835-rpi-a-plus.dtb bcm2835-rpi-zero.dtb cmdline.txt flash start.elf
bcm2708-rpi-b.dtb bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb bcm2835-rpi-b.dtb bcm2836-rpi-2-b.dtb config.txt kernel.img SYSTEM
bcm2708-rpi-b-plus.dtb bcm2710-rpi-cm3.dtb bcm2835-rpi-b-plus.dtb bootcode.bin distroconfig.txt LICENCE.broadcom
bcm2708-rpi-cm.dtb bcm2835-rpi-a.dtb bcm2835-rpi-b-rev2.dtb cmdline.old fixup.dat overlays

I dont know where it tries to mount the storage and the root-filesystem. at the moment the recovery-console only shows me that /dev is mounted.

Can someone help me?
Is that your LibreELEC cmdfile? That won't work as LE doesn't use root= - it uses boot= (it also looks like you've copied it straight from Raspbian which includes many other settings you don't want or need).

See the following PR, as it includes details on how LE will boot the RPi over NFS: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/621

Assuming 7a1ea6ba is your serial number then you can substitute @UID@ and it will be replaced with the serial number from the client during boot so that you can use the same shared cmdline for all of your clients.

If all of your LE clients are the same model - ie. RPi3 - then you can share a single boot= (System) partition while allocating each client a unique disk= (Storage) partition (examples for this in the PR)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
You are my hero of the day.. works perfect now. thank you very much for the quick response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network-booting multiple RPi3 with Kodi0