Android Please help...
Big GrinAngelhi. I am new to all this but absolutely love kodi. My husband and I are in our seventies and our entertainment is box sets and films. We don't play games but nvidia shield seems to get the best results. We are getting a new box and the question is Shield or Minix U9!? ThAnkyou in advance..
Hello PatCooper,

I am moving your post to the Hardware Forum. You will receive a much better response there.

It may also pay to have a read of some of the threads at the very top of the list (stickies) in the Hardware Forum.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I run kodi on a minix u9h and that works flawlessly
Dont know about nvidia
Anyone?
For Android what you want is a device that has a really easy to use Interface and comes with a Wireless remote control - you may even find Voice searching useful.

Android TV provides all that and the OS interface used only runs on the nVIDIA Shield and Xiaomi Mi Box or unofficially on the WeTek Hub/Play2.

All other devices including the MINIX U9 use the Android Tablet, touchscreen interface that uses a PITA mouse cursor on the TV screen to control Apps using an Air Mouse remote.
If you have never used an Air mouse remote before you will frankly hate it as it requires concentration all the time and co-ordination.

Android TV Apps are specifically designed for use on a TV screen with a simple D-Pad (up, down, left, right, OK) remote. They are much easier to use on Android TV devices.

The MINIX U9 is about the best of the tablet Android OS devices on the market and runs Kodi well. No Air Mice control is needed if you are just running Kodi.

If you only want Kodi then avoid Android all together would be my suggestion and consider getting a Plug N Play - Vero 4K or a LibreELEC Kodi device.
No Air mice needed on those as well.
The Vero 4K comes with everything out of the box and is highly optimised just to run Kodi. OSMC and LibreELEC AMLogic devices will play a wider variety of (non HDR) video compression formats properly and more seamlessly than any Android Kodi implementation.

I would suggest minix neo u1 it has better results than minix u9 and is cheaper. The only difference is that you wont be able to play hdr on minix neo u1

http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/12/14/r...media-hub/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help...0