Solved Path substitution not working
Hi,
I am using the Windows Store version.
I have multiple kodi installations with a shared database all on Linux. The library path is usually /mnt/movies.

Wanting to add a Windows box, I wanted to configure path substitutions.
However the relevant section in my advancedsettings.xml seems to be ignored I never even get the DEBUG message I've seen in other peoples logs: DEBUG: Configuring path substitutions

To be clear the file is read I see it in the log, and the contained database settings are applied, bit the path substitution apparently does not work and is missing the DEBUG log entry (which is extremely strange since according to the source code that is the first thing that happens after encountering this xml tag)
Post that log, and someone might be able to spot the problem. Preferably run a new log with debug Enabled.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The current to is just a placeholder to see if anything works
This is the start of the log (the whole log is too long)
Code:
00:53:28.248 T:6468  NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
[...]
00:53:28.249 T:6468  NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_DEBUG_FREEMEM"

EDIT: shortened log to relevant part that shows the "problem"
Not in the post. Please remove and post in a pastebin type site.

In case you are not sure, follow on from step 3...

6. Upload the results
The log file is named kodi.log and it is located in the Kodi directory described in Step 2 above. It is one level above the \userdata directory in which you modified the advancedsettings.xml file
You must locate this log file and copy it's contents to a pastebin type site as follows:
  1. Navigate to the \kodi directory as described in Step 2, and locate the file named kodi.log
  2. Open the file with Notepad and copy all the contents of the document
  3. Locate a Pastebin type site. Two examples are https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/
  4. Paste the contents of the kodi.log file
  5. Press Paste or Generate
  6. When the screen refreshes with your paste, copy the entire address in the address bar and paste it into a new message in your thread
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok nevermind reading this log through again I noticed that the loglevel set by the GUI is applied after advancedsettings.xml parsing.
That seems unfortunate Big Grin

Setting the loglevel at the beginning of the file shows the message

Now I just have to figure out the right substitution
Also, paste the entire log.
My Signature
As I said I think now it it is just a question of me making the right substitution. If there are any additional issues I will

EDIT: Nope, working fine now I just needed to use the smb://server syntax instead of \\server (in case anyone finds this via google)
I was so preoccupied with the missing message I never considered changing this.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Path substitution not working0