Kodi 17.3 Freezez/crashes on startup.
Hello, I installed Kodi earlier this week and was checking it out, everything was working fine, yesterday I opened it up and it froze instantly on the home screen, if I click on anything it crashes and I get the "not responding" dialog, if I don't click on anything and I wait about 10 minutes, I can click on a menu link, which then causes it to freeze for an additional 10 minutes, I have tried everything I can think of, I have deleted it and reinstalled it about 5 times, 4 times from the windows app store and once from the website hoping it would make a difference, but it didn't. I have no add on's, it is a completely clean and fresh install, I am running it on Windows 10, let me know if you need additional info, thanks alot!
Please provide a debug log (wiki) via pastebin link
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Ok, here is the debug log link: https://pastebin.com/0JgGZH2P
You need to turn on debug log settings>system>logging>debug (standard mode).
Created the advancedsettings.xml file and put it into debugging mode and it works perfect now! I'm not sure if it will be a permanent fix? Here is the log file if it's still needed: https://pastebin.com/jT6UTcuL
Sometimes, a reboot will straighten up some errant code. The debug log is fascinating, looking over it, you get an idea of the complexity of the software and clues to inner workings of both your machine and the software that runs on it. I'll keep the thread open for a little while, should you have further queries.
Awesome, thanks alot!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.3 Freezez/crashes on startup.0