Solved Unable to Launch Kodi
I have been unable to successfully upgrade to 17. I have tried several releases now with no results. Kodi application fails to launch.

I have tried deleting the Addons27.db file; this also didn't work.

I would appreciate any help you can give.

log file
The last thing in your log file is network related. Possibly kodi needs to be granted access through your firewall. You didn't mention what actually happens when you try to start it. Black screen? Error message? Absolutely nothing? Kodi logo? Etc.

If black screen or kodi logo it's possible kodi has popped up a request for network access in the background, in which case use Alt-tab to switch to it and accept it.
Hello Gesian and welcome,

You did not enable Debugging mode. Try these instructions... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2572642

But, what I could discern was your equipment. An Acer Aspire 3830TG released early 2011 running Win 10 with Intel® HD Graphics 3000. This is most likely the cause of the problem. The equipment most likely does not meet minimum requirements to run the latest version of Kodi.

See hardware requirements... http://kodi.wiki/view/Hardware_requirement#Windows
See intel support... https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...05526.html Even Intel state there is no support for Win10 and HD 3000 graphics. So the chances of finding updated drivers are minimal.

Your best option is to use an earlier version of Kodi. Try v16.1 which can be downloaded from here... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/old/
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Almost immediately after getting the Kodi logo screen I get a dialogue box that tells me Kodi has stopped working. No other screens pop up or are in the background

I checked the firewall rules and they seem to allow the kodi.exe inbound.

I am not sure it is normal but there looks like 2 different exes (4 total entries in the rules table)
Hi Karellen,

Here is the debug log

A note about the graphics. My laptop has an NVIDIA GeForce video card that seems to be using Direct3D API 11.2.
Thanks. That one got past the splash screen. Though I find no mention of a geforce card via a quick search.

All I find is this... Found screen: Generic PnP Monitor on Intel® HD Graphics 3000, adapter 0. at line 300

Maybe that is the problem?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Trying to update the drivers right now (GeForce 540M)

I had tried making sure the card was the default graphics rather than the intel one, both through global setting and specifically for kodi.

Will try again once drivers installed.
Might sound a bit silly, but make sure your monitor cable is plugged into the Graphics card port, and not the motherboard port.
My Signature
Updated drivers
Uninstalled intel adapter
Retried Kodi...same result.

Here is the updated log. Int I still see a reference to the intel adapter but now also see the info about the geforce card.
re: your previous post, I am using a laptop do no wires Smile
I reverted back to v16 and this produced similar results. Thinking back it was this behavior that prompted my to switch to v17 in the first place.

Once again here is a debuglog
Found screen: Generic PnP Monitor on Intel® HD Graphics 3000, adapter 0

Kodi is not recognising your Nvidia card to use as a primary display driver. In windows go the device managers, and pick display adapter and disable the Intel adapter (ensure your have your Nvidia drivers current).
I had already done this but when I double checked I had to disable it again.

Regardless, this worked!! Thank you all very much!
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to Launch Kodi0