[Concept] iPod Classic Replica Skin Idea
Photo 
Hello Forum Goers!
My friend and I discovered OSMC Kodi after deciding to upgrade my audio library. We decided to go with the popular Raspberry Pi option after considering expensive HDD Audio Players. Our build would have the same form-factor so it can fit in my setup nicely.

The screen we decided to get was a 2.5" Composite LCD. The built-in skin looked a little small on it, so I decided to search the web for skins that would fit comfortably on small screens. I came across the thread [Feature Request] Kodi Skin That Imitates iPod Classic where a user requested a skin that looks and feels like the iPod Classic User Interface.

Since I'm a graphic designer, I decided to make a Concept Mockup based on the iPod and Windows 98:

(320x240)

But unfortunately I am not a programmer and do not know how to make Kodi skins.
Is there any Forum Goers who are vested in skin making that can help us out?

-KevinTheGuy
I really doubt you are going to find much interest for this for the same reasons that are stated in the thread you linked to.

It takes a lot of time to make a kodi skin, generally a number of months. What is the benefit of this project over just buying an ipod touch or any one of the many other already available portable mp3 players? Why should a skinner invest hundreds of hours of their time in making this? What benefit does it bring the skinner? I'm not trying to sound rude, just pointing out the reality of what you are asking.

Also, many of the skinners here are not programmers either (I'm certainly not). They just took the time to learn how to skin. You will make far more progress if you take the time yourself to do the same - there are many resources available. The skinning engine is very powerful but also pretty easy to understand once you get your head around the basics. I suggest starting out by modding the default skin and then going from there. Also read the skinning manual: http://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning_Manual
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks for that link. I'll try reading and see if I can make something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Concept] iPod Classic Replica Skin Idea0