ServerMenu: web-interface/API for SABnzbd, Transmission, searchengines and feeds
I found a new project called ServerMenu and aims to be a one-stop web-interface for all your download clients. It also integrates search engines and RSS feeds so you can download anything directly from your browser (and mobile phone).

I've been looking for something like this for a long while since it's pretty bothersome to visit ad-filled search engines, check different sites for new releases, upload NZBs, copy/paste magnet links, etc. With this everything is collected at one place, you just go to a website, search and hit download and stream from your Kodi setup Big Grin

Link to the github: http://github.com/fredsted/servermenu

Here's a screenshot of the UI from the project page:

There are a few projects out there that are more advanced than this.

They all seemed a little bloated and didn't work well on mobile.

Are there any features missing preventing you from using it? You're free to fork the project. Smile
I suspect that what you consider bloated is what I consider features.

As far as mobile goes...nothing that controls a real headless HTPC is going to completely work well on a phone.

Missing features? Too many to list, but more power to starting a new project. I did like seeing the webmin interface! I never knew webmin had an API. Not fond of xml, but I will definitely start working on that module in my project.

(2014-11-03, 03:04)MadClicker Wrote: As far as mobile goes...nothing that controls a real headless HTPC is going to completely work well on a phone.
I'm going to disagree here, I've been using this on my iPhone *a lot* without any problems.
(2014-11-03, 03:04)MadClicker Wrote: As far as mobile goes...nothing that controls a real headless HTPC is going to completely work well on a phone.

Missing features?

You saying that makes me think your project has a whole different purpose. From what I can see it mostly replicates the different server interfaces. (Which I don't really see the point of when you can just use them directly; although they suck on mobile – which servermenu could fix).

Servermenu has more to do with the adding content to and also interaction between your servers from feeds and search engines. Say you're in a bus and want to watch a movie when you get home. Just access servermenu with your phone and download it.

Then again, something else like Sickbeard or CouchPotato has a nice web interface when I want to add recurring TV shows (Sickbeard could also be added as a receiver module in servermenu). ServerMenu is for stuff that's out there right now.

Before servermenu I had to look around on lots of different sketchy torrent or nzb sites, and put nzb files on my server, now anything is only a couple of taps away on my phone. So for me it's almost feature complete as it is now. (It's also in it's infancy stage, I'd imagine lots more plugins are coming soon)

Something i'd want in servermenu would be adding a pause button, a list of past downloaded items, and a GUI for configuring and changing the layout of the status page. But it's not really critical.
(2014-11-20, 20:07)Lacertus Wrote: You saying that makes me think your project has a whole different purpose. From what I can see it mostly replicates the different server interfaces. (Which I don't really see the point of when you can just use them directly; although they suck on mobile – which servermenu could fix).

Servermenu has more to do with the adding content to and also interaction between your servers from feeds and search engines. Say you're in a bus and want to watch a movie when you get home. Just access servermenu with your phone and download it.

Then again, something else like Sickbeard or CouchPotato has a nice web interface when I want to add recurring TV shows (Sickbeard could also be added as a receiver module in servermenu). ServerMenu is for stuff that's out there right now.

Before servermenu I had to look around on lots of different sketchy torrent or nzb sites, and put nzb files on my server, now anything is only a couple of taps away on my phone. So for me it's almost feature complete as it is now. (It's also in it's infancy stage, I'd imagine lots more plugins are coming soon)

Something i'd want in servermenu would be adding a pause button, a list of past downloaded items, and a GUI for configuring and changing the layout of the status page. But it's not really critical.

Kinda funny, you make the case for my app.

Say you're riding the short bus and want to browse new movies. You can pull up PyTunes and search for the movie using 3 different torrent search engines, or all of them at once.

You can see, or search, all the new YIFY posts.

If you find it, you can send it to any one of 4 designated default torrent clients: Transmission, qBittorrent, uTorrent, or Deluge.

If you don't find it, a newznab search will find it, if it exists. Then you just send it to sabnzb+ or nzbget for download. PyTunes supports unlimited newznab sites.

It's far from finished, but PyTunes is a very useful tool that I use every day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ServerMenu: web-interface/API for SABnzbd, Transmission, searchengines and feeds0