re: Persons Selling "fully loaded" boxes, ect.
(2017-06-21, 03:39)instantfly Wrote: ... Would you not agree that 80% of all XBMC/KODI/Andoid boxes sold are in fact designed to achieve Free Tv ? ...

I've tried many different media player software packages for HTPC over the last dozen years. Nothing in my experience comes close to what Kodi can do. I use it to play my Blu Ray/DVD/HD DVD (yes, I have a bunch of these) collection at TVs around my house, and in my movie theater (10 foot wide 'scope screen with 11 speaker Dolby Atmos surround) with a slick interface for movie selection, and no mucking about with hundreds of discs. And I can play my CD collection as a jukebox anywhere in the house with a TV playing a slideshow of photos of the artist (although why has Marilyn Manson started showing up when I play any movie soundtrack?), again with no mucking about with discs. And it functions as a front end to an OTA HD HomeRun PVR setup via MythTV.
(2017-06-21, 07:03)instantfly Wrote: If a person wanted to store and recall/play their personal media any simple player would achieve that on a common PC or whatever.

What is the problem with that? I have 2 monitors and a TV hooked up to my pc. 1 monitor for retro gaming the other for PC gaming/websurfing/whatever and my TV always has kodi on it. Pair it with a remote and eventghost and it looks/feels like the TV is standalone. Throw in three 10 terabyte hard drives and you're good to go for quite a while.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
re: Persons Selling "fully loaded" boxes, ect.0