Do not scrape movies anymore the last time found no information for?
How could one make Kodi leave out all items for the next times after it once has scraped them and not has found any movie / series information to shorten the scraping time?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
Hi Boyzie,

Not 100% clear on your query but...

1. You can disable automatic library updates in Settings>Media Settings
2. Once an item is scraped into the library, it is not re-scraped or checked again.

Did either of those match what you were asking?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello Karellen,

Many thanks and sorry for my bad expression.

Yes, 1. and 2. I know.

I meant:
When you manually (or when automatically done as well) update the library Kodi searches for new items (movies, series) and scrapes / downloads the information, images, fan-art. If Kodi does not find any information the first time for a movie / series, it obviously scrapes those items again and again the next times. So each time the library is (manually or automatically) updated it tries to re-scrape unscraped items and that needs very much time when there are many itmes not being scraped. Can one avoid that? Can Kodi not re-scrape items if it has not found information for them the first time?
It's possible to exclude specific paths from the scan. Please see http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_sc....2Ffolders for more information.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thank you for the link.

Yes, actually I do not want to exclude any paths, I want as many items correctly being scraped as posiible.
You have...

Movies in your library that do not scrape
Every time you update the library, time is spent trying to re-scrape these movies
You want Kodi to ignore these movies.

The first, and most obvious question, is why are they not scraping? Are they home movies, or other types of movies that do not appear on the TMDB. Have you checked that you have named them correctly at https://www.themoviedb.org/ ? Although, having a post count of 91 will suggest you have already tried this.

The only other thing you can do is...
1. Create a new Source in Kodi - Maybe create a directory named Movies- Unscraped and add this as a new source
2. Set the source as Choose information provide - Local Information only and Enable Exclude path from library updates
3. Move all these unscraped movies into this new directory- this won't affect Kodi, as they are not in the library

This will prevent the unnecessary scanning of your media that won't scrape

Let us know if that works
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote:Movies in your library that do not scrape
Every time you update the library, time is spent trying to re-scrape these movies
You want Kodi to ignore these movies.
Yes, that's right.

Quote:The first, and most obvious question, is why are they not scraping? Are they home movies, or other types of movies that do not appear on the TMDB.
Many of them are concerts, documentions not available in any database, I assume. No home videos.

Quote:Have you checked that you have named them correctly at https://www.themoviedb.org/ ?
Thank you for the link, yes, they names are correct.

Quote:The only other thing you can do is...
1. Create a new Source in Kodi - Maybe create a directory named Movies- Unscraped and add this as a new source
2. Set the source as Choose information provide - Local Information only and Enable Exclude path from library updates
3. Move all these unscraped movies into this new directory- this won't affect Kodi, as they are not in the library

This will prevent the unnecessary scanning of your media that won't scrape

Let us know if that works
Yes, it works, a good idea, thank you. But it would be quite enconvenient to handle, I guess, I would have to use many more sources for none scrapable videos, e.g. "Concerts", "Docus", "Movies", "Christmas Movies", may be on different drives again. So I would have to add those paths to other media managers also, e.g. Ember. And the sorting would be affected and...
Yes, now that I see that you have your sources based on "Genre" or type, it effectively doubles your Sources.

There is no other method I can think of to achieve your goal. Sorry. But it is a once only process. Maybe a time for a spring clean?
My Signature
Quote:Yes, now that I see that you have your sources based on "Genre" or type
Well, somehow a very little bit. There is no genre "Christmas" - as far as I know - one could not separate / show the movies by the genre "Christmas" and I do not want to see anything connected with "Christmas" now. And to easier manage (e.g. move special videios to other drives, etc.) those separated sources (Doucs, Concerts, etc.) are quite useful.

Quote:But it is a once only process. Maybe a time for a spring clean?
Yes, to once adapt / change the sources (in Kodi, other media managers) (in a summer clean) would not be that ugly, but, I assume, it would cause some inconvenience in connection with the other movie / media managers and the handling of movies / series I would like to have in general.
This is a result of your particular setup, and the outcome you are looking for. (I am not saying there is anything wrong with it) Kodi can't be coded to include every possible function imaginable, so some user intervention is required to get it to work just how you want it. This is one of those cases. Your two choices are...

1. Modify your storage and sources to stop the unnecessary scanning of these items
2. Leave it as is, start your scan, then make a coffee/tea.
My Signature
Yes, yes, very many cases.

I guess, I have to chose 2. at the moment (with coffee and some donuts or a big meal...need to buy some more donuts and such).

By the way, just an option to not to scrape unscrapable videos would be good for many cases, I could imagine (may be, automatically, if a movie after three - or so - tries stays unscraped skip it the next times, may be try again after further 10 times of scraping).
haha. Yes, who doesn't love donuts. Pity we can't get decent ones here in Melbourne.

I imagine the coding for that would be challenging with lots of modifications to databases. The aim is to develop for mass market usage, not small niche usage, especially ones that can be solved using other methods.

But if you feel strongly about it, you are more than welcome to post a request in the Features Request sub-forum

Smile
My Signature
Quote: haha. Yes, who doesn't love donuts. Pity we can't get decent ones here in Melbourne.
Well, yes, but after too much scraping I might become real fat, do not know. So living (without decent donuts) in Melbourne can be an advantage.

Quote:I imagine the coding for that would be challenging with lots of modifications to databases. The aim is to develop for mass market usage, not small niche usage, especially ones that can be solved using other methods.
Yes, that is absolutely right.

Quote: But if you feel strongly about it, you are more than welcome to post a request in the Features Request sub-forum
Many thanks, well, the donuts will make me strong, so may be after some time...but like you say, this option might be not that useful for most of the users, so..

Very many thanks for your great help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do not scrape movies anymore the last time found no information for?0