Open PVR LiveTV Architecture somehow for new features
(2017-06-23, 14:25)da-anda Wrote: regarding VOD. What if you have 2 providers for the same video? If we tweak interfaces we IMO should make it flexible enough to replicate the AppleTV, AndroidTV and FireTV featureset, where you can see from which providers the content is available.
+1 Boxee had a similar feature where you was given the option of selecting source.

If implemented for the video library then the UI part of such a feature could also be reused for an unrelated popular requewt which is to in UI only get one library entry for a movie for which you have several different copies of, like a Directors edition, alternative ending, extended version, or just the same movie stored in different resolutions or formats.
Hi @ksooo

I just started with the implementation of replay as recordings. Beside of the already discussed challenges I found another one which might be Zattoo related but probably will also affect other provider:

To get the playback URL (pointing to the .mpd file in my case), a GET request needs to be done. As the playback URL is contained in the recording entry, this GET request would need to be done prior sending the recording to Kodi. In case of Replay this would give around 50'000 requests... Zattoo would not like me as customer Wink

I guess another possibility would be to set a PVR:// URL such that the PVR-Addon is called when the Replay-Recording is selected. The PVR-Addon could then resolve the actual .mpd URL. But how can this URL then be passed to inputstream.adaptive (in my case)?

Thanks for your input.
(2017-07-13, 18:33)rbuehlma Wrote: Hi @ksooo

I just started with the implementation of replay as recordings. Beside of the already discussed challenges I found another one which might be Zattoo related but probably will also affect other provider:

To get the playback URL (pointing to the .mpd file in my case), a GET request needs to be done. As the playback URL is contained in the recording entry, this GET request would need to be done prior sending the recording to Kodi. In case of Replay this would give around 50'000 requests... Zattoo would not like me as customer Wink

I guess another possibility would be to set a PVR:// URL such that the PVR-Addon is called when the Replay-Recording is selected. The PVR-Addon could then resolve the actual .mpd URL. But how can this URL then be passed to inputstream.adaptive (in my case)?

Thanks for your input.

Sorry, no idea. I'm not familiar with inputstream. Maybe @FernetMenta can help.
I started work on this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12510

VideoPlayer won't be aware of PVR anymore. If you want to manipulate a file item, you have to do this before sending it to player.
Thanks for the Info. I have subscribed the PR. Is it planned to be merged in v18 or is that unclear yet?

Will it be possible to determine the playback URL for channels and recordings after the user has chosen to play it? The TV-Providers I know, require a unique request for every playback URL. This will be a problem if it needs to be done for every item in advance.
(2017-07-16, 13:41)rbuehlma Wrote: Thanks for the Info. I have subscribed the PR. Is it planned to be merged in v18 or is that unclear yet?

This particualr PR (will be merged soon) is the first of a series that will change the entire sreaming API of PVR. VideoPlayer won't even know that something like PVR event exists.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Open PVR LiveTV Architecture somehow for new features0