• 6(current)
Solved Connect Xiaomi Mi Box BT remotes to LibreELEC devices
@wrytasy I hope you haven't gave up on this, making all buttons work Smile Hope you'll find a solution, really appreciating all your effort and work here Smile
I know this thread is for the Xiaomi Mi box remote in LibreElec, but what are my chances of getting one working in Kodi on a Raspian/Retropie install? I have a Mi Box as well in another room and the remote is great, would love to have the same control Kodi on my Pi.
Wink 
@Vlaves 
I had the chance today to try wrytasy`s mode with S905X libreelec device using the code:

curl -sL http://wrxtasy.libreelec.tv/LE-Xiaomi/xbt.sh | bash -

after reboot I used the code: 

cat /proc/bus/input/devices

to check connected device and got:

I: Bus=0005 Vendor=2717 Product=32b1 Version=100b

N: Name="小米蓝牙遥控器"

P: Phys=84:5DBig Grin7:30:13:E0

S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/misc/uhid/0005:2717:32B1.0003/input/input15

U: Uniq=08:EB:29:40:03:00

H: Handlers=kbd event9

B: PROP=0

B: EV=120013

B: KEY=10000 7 ff9f207a c14057ff febeffdf ffefffff fff80f80 3c00f002
B: MSC=10

Then edited xiaomibtremote.evmap in the folder Configfiles to:

KEY_POWER   = KEY_MUTE
KEY_COMPOSE = KEY_STOPCD
KEY_HOME    = KEY_HOME
KEY_BACK    = KEY_EXIT

after reboot all buttons are detected and can be remapped by Keymap Editor

Many thanks to wrytasy for his great efforts and support  Laugh
Thx. @ashrafhumax,

I will update the backend xiaomibtremote.evmap that the install script uses for the Xiaomi Mi Box 3 aftermarket BT remotes.

That way all users then need to do is a quick custom remap with the Kodi Keymap Editor Addon. Smile

Strange how you have to specifically use KEY_COMPOSE = KEY_STOPCD to get the unmapped Context remote button to work compared to the original USA spec Mi Box BT remote.

Anyway glad it all works.
These hardened ABS plastic Xiaomi BT mini remotes are perfect for OSMC or Linux/LibreELEC Kodi Krypton usage once setup.
They have the best Kodi response and repeat remote button functionality out of all the remotes I've used.

YES!
This gives us the last remaining button (context menu) to use.

Works perfectly, thank you both @ashrafhumax and @wrxtasy !

This makes this remote near perfect if you ask me.

"They have the best Kodi response and repeat remote button functionality out of all the remotes I've used."
Agreed,. Very cool little gadget that now 100% works. Oh, the joy :-)
(2017-10-12, 12:04)kulprit Wrote: I know this thread is for the Xiaomi Mi box remote in LibreElec, but what are my chances of getting one working in Kodi on a Raspian/Retropie install? I have a Mi Box as well in another room and the remote is great, would love to have the same control Kodi on my Pi.

Why not try and and report back :-)
(2017-10-12, 12:04)kulprit Wrote: I know this thread is for the Xiaomi Mi box remote in LibreElec, but what are my chances of getting one working in Kodi on a Raspian/Retropie install? I have a Mi Box as well in another room and the remote is great, would love to have the same control Kodi on my Pi.

The remote has worked fine in every other OS I've tried it on. LibreELEC for S905 specifically seemed to have problems with them (now resolved). I personally have used the remotes in LibreELEC for Raspberry Pi, as well as tested with Ubuntu. So theoretically, there shouldn't be any problem. Pair it up and give it a go.
Wrxtasy, did the BT HID fixes for Odroid get into the recent 8.1.2 update?
Here is a LE ODROID C2 BT USB Dongle & aftermarket Xiaomi Remote Krypton build with a few extras, you can now delete whatever rules are in /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/
It should all work out of the box. Smile

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2-Beta3-201710152202.tar

After that is tested with the Xiaomi aftermarket remote I will look at trying out other devices before plugging it all into the main LibreELEC code.

(2017-10-14, 05:45)wrxtasy Wrote: Here is a LE ODROID C2 BT USB Dongle & aftermarket Xiaomi Remote Krypton build with a few extras, you can now delete whatever rules are in /storage/config/udev.rules.d/
It should all work out of the box. Smile

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2-Beta3-201710152202.tar

After that is tested with the Xiaomi aftermarket remote I will look at trying out other devices before plugging it all into the main LibreELEC code.

So, when this goes into main code of kszaq's build as you described, and I do a fresh install nothing will need to be adjusted, should work (after pairing) out of the box, right?
You might need te remap some buttons if needed, thats all.
If anyone wants a Krypton 17.5RC version to test with the Xiaomi BT remotes let me know which box it is required for ?

I can get one of the LE devs. to run a build with a simple patch included to make sure its 100% before code gets LE mainlined for all LE devices.

(2017-10-17, 09:03)wrxtasy Wrote: If anyone wants a Krypton 17.5RC version to test with the Xiaomi BT remotes let me know which box it is required for ?

I can get one of the LE devs. to run a build with a simple patch included to make sure its 100% before code gets LE mainlined for all LE devices.

I could try on a extra setup i have running.
It's an Mini M8S (s905 - 8G/2GRAM)
Thanks wrxtasy
I am also interested in testing S905X build
(2017-10-17, 09:03)wrxtasy Wrote: If anyone wants a Krypton 17.5RC version to test with the Xiaomi BT remotes let me know which box it is required for ?

I would love to test it, I'm on a Wetek Hub.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connect Xiaomi Mi Box BT remotes to LibreELEC devices0